Is There A New Excalibur On The Horizon?

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supposedly, "there's a new revised Excalibur due to be released any day". This according to the Admin (Mr. Bill) over at Findmall. Also another member Tinfoil had some more info on this:

"1.Longer lasting Nickle Hydrid Pack.
2.Lighter weight coils. Probley like the GT coils.
3.Improved signal response to your targets. Again probley GT guts.
4.Lower or able to compensate better for interfearence to the salt water therefore better sensitivity to the conductive targets just like the GT is compaired to the older Sovs.
5.$1198.95 MAP on new Excal ll. More then the Old Excal. MAP price."

Does anyone have any information pertaining to this?

Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Drudge said:
Supposedly, "there's a new revised Excalibur due to be released any day". This according to the Admin (Mr. Bill) over at Findmall. Also another member Tinfoil had some more info on this:

"1.Longer lasting Nickle Hydrid Pack.
2.Lighter weight coils. Probley like the GT coils.
3.Improved signal response to your targets. Again probley GT guts.
4.Lower or able to compensate better for interfearence to the salt water therefore better sensitivity to the conductive targets just like the GT is compaired to the older Sovs.
5.$1198.95 MAP on new Excal ll. More then the Old Excal. MAP price."

Does anyone have any information pertaining to this?

Nothing more than what you offer here.

The GT is a 1st class winner all the way. Make it totally waterproof, call it Excalibur, and you've got an underwater machine (fresh or salt) that will sell big for a long time.

Badge

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the Excalibur II should be out soon, like Dec.

It has a larger hydride battery, Lighter coils, improved signal response for even better use in saltwater.

Suggested price will be $1,395.97 and the lowest dealers can sell them is $1,198.97 if I remember right. I got this info from Max. There are still a limited number of older Excals in stock at the lower price of near $950.00.

The Sov Gt is almost like the Excal in that it has Iron Mask, but you can turn it off. True all metal with fixed and GB tracking and a notch control.

OP
OP
Drudge

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Yes, the Excalibur II should be out soon, like Dec.

It has a larger hydride battery, Lighter coils, improved signal response for even better use in saltwater.

Suggested price will be $1,395.97 and the lowest dealers can sell them is $1,198.97 if I remember right. I got this info from Max. There are still a limited number of older Excals in stock at the lower price of near $950.00.

The Sov Gt is almost like the Excal in that it has Iron Mask, but you can turn it off. True all metal with fixed and GB tracking and a notch control.

Thx for that info Sandman. Cant wait for the field tests when this baby comes out.

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
???
Shouldn't the price go down? Most electronics get cheaper as time goes on,now they are raising the price :-\
Wonder what will be different about it? I mean, it seems to be great from all you guys that talk about it,what
could they improve on,think they would add a waterproof display?
At the very least they should offer it with a balanced straight shaft from the factory to cut down on
"added expense" to the end user..seeing as most of you guys seem to hate the factory "S" shaft.

Edit..would be smart for them to have brought it out already or asap, would be a great Christmas gift.

OP
OP
Drudge

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess Excalibur II looks the same as the original Excalibur except the II has lime color on both sides of the control tube and battery tube. I seen a photo of the new machine on one of the other websites but i cant seem to locate it at the moment :(.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread