Is there like no one in Utah metal detecting?

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hunter101, I'm on this site quite a bit, just not here in the Utah section. I like to prospect for gold mostly, as far as metal detecting goes I need to upgrade to a garret at gold, saving up for one now. My old detector is well, let's just say old. But I have found quite a lot with it. In your other posts you asked where you can go hunting. Use your imagination, remember you'll enjoy the sport a lot more if you (Get Permission and know the laws) before you go.

Zakurie84

Jun 24, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm currently in medical school, but I try to get out when I can. You should join the "Utah metal detecting" group on facebook. It's pretty active!

zul32

Nov 22, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I live in Davis County, and don't get on this forum too much - esp in the winter time. With that last snow fall we just got, it's going to be a long time before we'll be able to do some decent metal detecting until the ground thaws out a bit. I mostly have been hitting the city parks, and occasionally just up along the trails on the benches. I haven't been out much further than that really.

Thanks Zakurie84 for that tip on going to the FB page.. I'll check that out and join up.

HH
:)

Drakien

Jul 13, 2005
St George, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a small bit of detecting every once in a while. Just mainly hit up the local parks and stuff. Nothing too fancy.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im in Salt lake. I hit up the parks and any yards that I get permission for. And torn down houses. I have been prospecting lately. People detect here but they are very tight lipped about where they go. Dont bother with the clubs. They wont help you. They are very clicky.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Farr West and detect parks, schools, beaches, water, etc. I also magnet fish and regular fish.

HawkEye_84

Aug 5, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300 (coming soon)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't heard of anyone going out anymore and it's pretty dead here.

I am brand new to this forum and to metal detecting (actually, I haven't even started yet as I don't have my rig) but I live here in Salt Lake City and was hoping to get in with some real veteran hunters in the area to show me the ropes and help get me started. I'd love to meet up for a hunt sometime soon. I plan on buying a Garrett Ace 300 next month, good starter rig I hope. Any luck finding an active community here, Hunter101?

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Just get that first unit and get out there. In time you will meet folks to share tips. Hunt sidewalk tear ups and house demo sites for early older results. Also research local history for those potential older hunt sites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread