Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a find , just don't know if it was a pendant a pin or something else (agricultural award -prize hog !)

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you post a pic of the back? Did you find it with a metal detector or by eye? Looks like a pretty nice find.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks as though it may have been a ring with the band broken away as both sides have broken areas.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a nice find! I'm not sure what it was though. What state are you in? You might want to post it on the "What Is It?" forum.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. not a ring now that I have a size reference.

OP
OP
P

paigeellen2013

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2013
So do you think it could be worth anything? Or how old could it be? I'd like to no I there's any history behind it ! Thanks

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You asked is that a find you found?
I find it is a find you found!
Often I have found a find,
I'll tell you where my finds were found.
Most often they were in the ground!

You'all should know I really hate myself for this kind of thing, but my Father's family was Irish and sometimes I just can't help actin' the maggot and slagger, especially when the Wife's got the headache and there's nothin' else to do here at three in the mornin'.:help:

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So do you think it could be worth anything? Or how old could it be? I'd like to no I there's any history behind it ! Thanks

Not much money wise, but a slightly different find from the norm & one I don't have yet.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest clean it up and attach to a hiking stick I believe that was it's intended use.

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
German love hiking, "Wandern" it's called and the senior "Wanderer" usually use a walking stick, called "Wanderstock", covered with these and/or a hat covered with pins, it's a prestige matter I think...

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to be a Senior Wanderer now! And I want lots finds like this one to show off! Maybe T-Net should offer this type of thing to be attached to detector shafts for member status graduations! Look at me! See my detector badge! I'm a full member on T-net!!!:occasion18:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions