Is this a Fisher forum or a J. W. Fishers forum?

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other

grunt

Jul 16, 2008
south texas.
Detector(s) used
MXT,CZ-5,SAFARI,T2-SE
Re: Is this a Fisher forum or a J. W. Fisher's forum?

whats a j.w.fisher or a compass

Attachments

• !cid_5C30D1BA15A5418AA3D8B99C120EB46F@melissaPC.gif
    [email protected]
    114.2 KB · Views: 492

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JW Fisher are Pulse detectors for the water. Many get the two companies mixed up.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey SandMan, how you doing?

Fisher and JW Fisher get confused often. Compass Electronics were very fine detectors in their day. They still beat much of current technologies because they invented much of it to start with. They were the KING of nugget hunters and the best of iron discriminators for 10-15 years but the factory folded up some 10 or so years ago. If you buy one the GoldScanner or Relic & Coin are the best overall.

LL

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am doing fine, but notice gravity seems to be increasing around some sites. I loved the old Compasses and wish they were still around. Tom in Ca understands them well.

When this site was new, they only listed Fisher or J.W. Fisher, I forget which an I suggested to Marc to add the other one. Most of the hobbists don't use the higher cost JW's and I see no advantage to them from a regular Pulse unit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread