Is this a good deal or am i being railroaded?

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!
I have the opportunity to buy a bounty hunter 3300 Discovery and Bounty Hunter Metal Detecting Headphones for 200 cash,Both items are brand new still in box . Are these good detectors for the price or is it on clearance for a reason? All of my experience has been with teknetics detectors since i started MDing last year,Minus a minelab i recently sold. Im wanting to get a decent detector for around 300 bucks as a starter for my nine yr old son. Any input on this would be great,I also have a teknetics Delta 4000 lined up for about 250 thats new in box. I know Teknetics makes quality detectors from personal experience so try to leave your comments about your experience with the BH Discovery 3300 please.

Thanks in Advance Guys,
Lucky13.

Dig It!!

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same, Same

First Texas makes Bounty Hunter, Teknetics and Fisher and Rebrands them all for Radio Shack, Cabella's
Bass Pro, etc....................

I like both of the models you mentioned, and I think for a nine year old the Bounty Hunter would be a better deal with a better learning curve, Plus it has headphones :wink:

OP
OP
Lucky13

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!
i knew First Texas Instruments made Teknetics and Fisher,But i didnt know about them also owning Bounty Hunter. Thanks for the info.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky13 said:
i knew First Texas Instruments made Teknetics and Fisher,But i didnt know about them also owning Bounty Hunter. Thanks for the info.

Yup, Bounty Hunter first, then started the Teknetics line and then acquired Fisher.

I like Bounty Hunter and all my machines are Bounty Hunters with the exception of my Tesoro for underwater detecting.......

Good company, good customer service and good priced machines.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought the 3300 when on sale at Radio Shack for $100 . A light detector that's easy to use and never has caused me any headaches. I say go for it. I never did set up a test garden to compare it to more expensive detectors i own but i'm sure it would hold its' own against some of the detectors out there. I hear a lot of trash talk about BH machines from those that never owned one. I would ignore them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread