Is this a man made stone skull/face carving or just nature

Mitchcl640

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stone Skull 2.PNG

Skullbird1.jpg

I found a chunk of sandstone on our family farm in Western Kansas along a river bank. to me it looks like a skull on top and on the bottom some kind of bird figure maybe?? There was an archaeological dig done on the same chunk of land and an ancient campsite from the Upper Republic tribe dated around 1200-1400 A.D. so I know there are still plenty of artifacts to be found. I measured everything i possibly could and everything has precise measurements which leads me to believe its man made. And also if the base of the skull looks square and each side again measured the same. I am new to this forum so I am not sure if my pictures downloaded or not. If not can someone tell me how to load them from the computer cuz thats what I just did and it just showed Attatchment formula

Attachments

• Skull Stone 1.PNG
    Skull Stone 1.PNG
    105.5 KB · Views: 59
  • D80C281F-6FE0-4FB3-B9BA-75D5C1705230.jpeg
    D80C281F-6FE0-4FB3-B9BA-75D5C1705230.jpeg
    603.4 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet!

Your item is a natural rock. It has no significance to a North American artifact. But keep trying.

OP
OP
M

Mitchcl640

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I figured it was to good to be true but I just kept staring at it thinking damn that looks just like a skull. But I have a wild imagination. So i just did basic research and never realized that Native American Portable Art was a thing. I looked at images and have no idea how they can tell on some of those things cuz they just look like rocks to me.

OP
OP
M

Mitchcl640

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Albert Bell Site Artifacts1.PNG

Albert Bell Site Artifacts2.PNG

These are just some of the artifacts found at the Archaeological dig I mentioned above that are now at the Kansas Historical Society. I just thought I'd share.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a rock, but man sounds like you have a cool place to look over. Good eye for spotting that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread