is this a scam ? or some type of investment hype ?

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
this came up on an e-mail newsletter that i recieve, it says that there was a huge mother-lode gold deposit located recently (in Alaska ), but the dates it states in the article are several years old.

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/0903OILBIG49/LOILK609/PR

it's probably just some type of sales hype, investment marketing scheme, but it wasn't listed as an ad or sponsered link. so i figured i'd post it here to see if anyone else had any info on it. ?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can say one thing, he was long winded. When someone says "little known secret" I would run for the hills. Looks like some type of investment scheme to me....but he is a Phd...I always figured that stood for piled higher and deeper..lol

OP
OP
lobsterman

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
yep, thats what i thought.

i have also heard that MBA stands for mediocre but arrogant ;D

C

Cappy Z.

SC_hunter said:
I can say one thing, he was long winded. When someone says "little known secret" I would run for the hills. Looks like some type of investment scheme to me....but he is a Phd...I always figured that stood for piled higher and deeper..lol

I once had a divorce attorney who used the words "little known secret".....

S

stefen

Bristol Bay is a penny stock listed by the Ben Dover Brokerage firm

S

stefen

I happened to drop my stock certificate on the sidewalk but I kicked it into a garage before I picked it up. :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
stefen said:
I happened to drop my stock certificate on the sidewalk but I kicked it into a garage before I picked it up. :laughing7:
Ben 'splained enough to me that that stock won't be found in my portfolio . ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah the good old classic "pump" and dump penny stock scam at work -- a tried but true old school scam --- crook A sets up a penny stock company ( his buddy crook B buys up a bunch of it) -- crook B then leaks out on the internet that the "company" has found " lots of gold or oil or whatever is the next great thing---"gold, I tell ya "gold" (now just stop and think for a moment --if there was a butt load of money to be made off of this stock why wouldn't you buy up all the availible stock yourself since its so cheap? why in gods name would you blast the " high value" of it on the internet to total strangers since the surge of demand will drive up your own cost to buy it?)--- to drive the prices up is what crook B wants so he can then sell the stock hes sitting on to the interenet suckers at a vast profeit --- the internet suckers that find out about the "little known secret "via" internet leaks ( the leaks of course are not "tracible" to anyone "directly" at the company of course but from some "unknown unoffical source" (crook B)--thus the company (crook A) is not legally liable for any wrong doing :wink: since they "did nothing wrong" and they did not put that info out and as sgt schultz says "I know nothing" -- the company will say it was some unknown scammer that artifically inflated their stock and that their "image" now "ruined" and they will have to fold (so much for the "company" of course there are no real "assets" of the company since it was a "start up" company :wink: :icon_thumright:---once the truth gets out that the stock and the info "tip" on it is bogus as can be its too late --the scammers have already made their money and are long gone as is your cash and your left stuck with worthless "penny stock" --that can be used as high grade toliet paper.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
If a person finds gold in the hills and it's worth hundreds of millions in that deposit, then why oh why would he want every swinging meat head prospector, like me, to know about this deposit.

I prospect for a living and would not advertise my location unless I salted the site to get investors(suckers) to give me money to develop another such site. I would like a dollar for each of the hundreds of people that said, "Boy do I have a deal for you".

The guy might as well be selling Amway. Why else would he be trying to get your time and money with out being a good upstanding member of the snot market. In fact, the next time someone tries this on you, tell him you need an hour of his time to sell him Amway.

S

stefen

Check out the Ben Dover site :laughing7:

The firm of Grab, Ur anKles has been known to bring up the rear.

Silvertick

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2008
Hey Y'all if you ever have a question about one of these investment hypes, go to www.stockgumshoe.com. It's free and they are really good at digging the dirt on these investment "gurus". They really are investment P.I.'s...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions