fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate nonpayers. However, you have to deal with them. Some people just honestly forget, and then you have people that don't want something anymore so they think they don't have to contact you or pay. Hopefully you get paid, I feel for you. :BangHead:

hostagedk

Feb 12, 2014
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe if they enter a offer and they don't pay; they can get a negative rating on there account? Pretty sure anyways.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I hope that $850 is only from a few items. I've had to deal with a few non-payers myself this month.

Here's a bit of hope for you, though. One sapphire ring I listed at $0.99 auction went for around $55. Buyer never paid/communicated after winning auction. Two weeks later I relisted the item at $139.99 OBO. Sold within a few days for the full price. I know your listings are BIN, but maybe this means you will get a better offer/full price next time around! :)

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I changed my seller settings so that anyone with 2 or more unpaid item strikes on their account cant bid on my items. Fyi, your seller payment policy does matter. If you state in your listing that payment must be made within 48 hours you can initiate an unpaid item claim after 48 hours. Ebay automatically initiates one after 96 hours I believe.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy fix, i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet... select option- Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Welcome to the "new improved" Ebay where you can't leave negative feedback against scumbag buyers. I have also had a rash of non paying bidders and I took one simple step that got me my money in about half of those cases. I called the buyer. Anonymous people buying stuff online have no shame especially when there are no repercussions like the stupid new Ebay feedback system. Buttt... when you call them on the phone it becomes "real" to them and very often you will get satisfaction. Lame excuses as well of course but who cares as long as you get paid.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy fix, i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet... select option- Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now

Exactly. If nonpayment is a big deal you just make the change.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the "new improved" Ebay where you can't leave negative feedback against scumbag buyers. I have also had a rash of non paying bidders and I took one simple step that got me my money in about half of those cases. I called the buyer. Anonymous people buying stuff online have no shame especially when there are no repercussions like the stupid new Ebay feedback system. Buttt... when you call them on the phone it becomes "real" to them and very often you will get satisfaction. Lame excuses as well of course but who cares as long as you get paid.

I havent bought anything from ebay for a very long time due to unscrupulous sellers who dont even have the items they are selling. The last half dozens I received arrived damaged or not as described. I can not get excited anymore, but as long as you get your money who cares right? Since I am a buyer, using the word scumbag buyer is a insult. Be Damn forum rules, you have bought a timeout. I think a little more attention to this is what you require. Good luck with dumpster diving and realize life happens to folks sometimes. I have been to way too many funerals lately and this time of year is very hard on folks who may have over bid. As long as you get their money right? Pfffft.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html here is a link that can help you get paid or get the item relisted quickly. I was surprised to see it recommend you call the police. You understand the risk before you sell, you have no right to call all your buyers scumbags. There is good people in the world too. most sellers feed of others misery aquiring used items at a bargain price to resell at a profit. Thats called a leech. I have lost all respect for ebay sellers today.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent bought anything from ebay for a very long time due to unscrupulous sellers who dont even have the items they are selling. The last half dozens I received arrived damaged or not as described. I can not get excited anymore, but as long as you get your money who cares right? Since I am a buyer, using the word scumbag buyer is a insult. Be Damn forum rules, you have bought a timeout. I think a little more attention to this is what you require. Good luck with dumpster diving and realize life happens to folks sometimes. I have been to way too many funerals lately and this time of year is very hard on folks who may have over bid. As long as you get their money right? Pfffft.

What to do when a buyer doesn't pay (unpaid item process) here is a link that can help you get paid or get the item relisted quickly. I was surprised to see it recommend you call the police. You understand the risk before you sell, you have no right to call all your buyers scumbags. There is good people in the world too. most sellers feed of others misery aquiring used items at a bargain price to resell at a profit. Thats called a leech. I have lost all respect for ebay sellers today.
Who crapped in your cornflakes pal? To call most sellers a leech is worse than NH referring to "scumbag" buyers (of which there are plenty of) that take advantage of sellers on a regular basis. Scumbags are always trying to scam people no matter what the arena happens to be. That's the nature of a scumbag, be it a seller or a buyer, they are a scumbag. You know what they say about shoes and if it fits. By the way, the "ART" of buying low and selling high is called arbitrage, not leeching. However, taking a single word out of a post and making it all encompassing to fit your agenda is much more parasitic.

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who crapped in your cornflakes pal? To call most sellers a leech is worse than NH referring to "scumbag" buyers (of which there are plenty of) that take advantage of sellers on a regular basis. Scumbags are always trying to scam people no matter what the arena happens to be. That's the nature of a scumbag, be it a seller or a buyer, they are a scumbag. You know what they say about shoes and if it fits. By the way, the "ART" of buying low and selling high is called arbitrage, not leeching. However, taking a single word out of a post and making it all encompassing to fit your agenda is much more parasitic.

Anyone who has problem after problem on ebay whether they are a buyer or seller should take a long look in the mirror!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Beachkid23; From now on don't send out "ANYTHING" unless your paid "IN FULL" first. I don't care if they're the Pope.
"In God We Trust." All others pay cash. Period. I hope this helps. PEACE:RONB

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have no right to call all your buyers scumbags.
If a buyer bids on an item and wins, then does not pay, then will not pay after 2-3 messages and never even answers any message. Then they are SCUMBAGS, plain and simple. (I had two in January)

All they have to do is return a message and ask for a little extra time or a good lame excuse then I have no problem.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most sellers feed of others misery aquiring used items at a bargain price to resell at a profit. Thats called a leech. I have lost all respect for ebay sellers today.

I was going to comment on this too but diggummup said it more eloquently than I could have. I will have to remember that cornflakes referal.

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What to do when a buyer doesn't pay (unpaid item process) here is a link that can help you get paid or get the item relisted quickly. I was surprised to see it recommend you call the police. You understand the risk before you sell, you have no right to call all your buyers scumbags. There is good people in the world too. most sellers feed of others misery aquiring used items at a bargain price to resell at a profit. Thats called a leech. I have lost all respect for ebay sellers today.

Last year I purchased a broken vintage led watch for $1.00 at a flea market. I purchased it because it was an early led watch and was in great cosmetic shape. After a couple of hours I was able to fix it, and I listed it for sale on ebay. It finally sold at auction for around $150. I quickly recieved payment and this message from my buyer

" I cannot explain how grateful I am that you listed this item. This was the first watch I ever had and always wanted to find another. I hope you managed to raise the price you wanted for the item, as for me, well it is priceless and I look forward to once again owning one"

He was searching for 30 plus years for this exact watch! If I had not purchased this watch , fixed and then resold , this man may have never have found the watch that was so important to him.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What are you talking about??? You (wrongly) call out NH for using the word "scumbag" to describe bad buyers - which is the RIGHT word to use by the way, and then you call people who buy items and then resell for a profit leeches and say you have no respect for ebay sellers? If anyone here deserves a "timeout" its YOU.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250

Why on earth would you take my comment personal unless you are one of those bidders who bids on things randomly and then decides AFTER you've won if you really feel like paying or not ? THOSE are the people I was referring to. The ones who could care less that a bid is a legal contract to pay for the item if you win the same way that my acceptance of your bid is a legal contract to sell you the item at that price. How would you like it if half the auctions you WON resulted in the sellers simply deciding they don't feel like following through ? It's not Walmart. My time taking pictures and typing up a description and posting the listing is worth something. Add to that the fact that once the auction is over Ebay takes their fees. Now since YOU have decided not to pay I have to file a claim, fight with Ebay, and wait a couple of weeks to get those fees refunded ? You have ALOT of nerve calling me out because I think non-payment is a scumbag move.... Do you have some sort of personal issue with me calling for me to get a time out over a name that was made in reference to bad Ebay bidders and certainly not directed toward any individuals on here ? It sure seems that way. Of maybe you're one of those deadbeat bidders and you took it personal ? If so please NEVER bid on any of my auctions. I'm tired of people like that wasting my time. You made reference to bad sellers ? Well at least the feedback system as far as sellers are concerned still works as originally intended. If someone advertises something and it's not as described you leave them a negative and let the world know how they operate. When a bad buyer simply decides not to pay there is no longer any method in place to warn other sellers that the guy is a deadbeat. Buyers can ONLY be left a positive rating. Could you please explain to me what the point is in that ? Learn to read dude.. I didn't call ALL buyers scumbags. I reserve that name for those buyers who make a commitment to pay for an item and then simply decide not to. I'm old school from a time when a mans word was worth something and if you said you were going to do something you damn well followed through. If you're not like that it's cool but don't attack me for for having morals. And this comment is the most ridiculous thing I've read today.. " most sellers feed of others misery aquiring used items at a bargain price to resell at a profit. Thats called a leech. I have lost all respect for ebay sellers today." Do you yell and holler at the manager at the grocery store because he paid less for that dozen eggs you're buying that what he's charging you ? Come on man, buying low and selling at a profit is what makes the world go around and it's part of EVERY aspect of your life. You think people who supplement their income a little by selling on Ebay are "leeches" ? You should get a time out for that comment... :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread