Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On photo 033 that white small spot on center of picture, is not bird poop. it`s was sprayed on to hide some writting that someone made. I kept seeing them in different spots and decided to take a closer look, and I could make out partial numbers.
Some one with more experience has passed me up on this site. I think they were mapping out the area.
I hope they find the goods and share a little. ;D

Shortstack, I am asking myself the same question. Other stuff seems to point in both directions. On that photo before before the one with the hoyo(056). I see stuff way up on top.

This might be in the "P" category, but I see a Padre holding a cross on left hand? Right circle from white rock area, looking to the left.

Attachments

• Copy of 057.jpg
    Copy of 057.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 495
OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty,

I think you are right. There are quite a few smaller holes in the area and are too perfectly round. Like in the photo below. I think there`s new stuff with the old.

By the way how do you put a photo and then text?

I am suspecting the square cut outs, are also core samples taken by someone. Altough one of them had some left over mesh and cement or caliche. It looks as if at one time, it had been hidden. And at the bottom of the big one, there`s two threaded studs. :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 477
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 492

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PP:
Two quick things. I see all those things, too and on the upper left of the white area is a closed fist with somekind of whiter figure beside it on the left that looks like a "5".

To put writing AFTER a photo, simply hit "enter" a couple of times after you type the attachment code and start writing your next thoughts. You can write; post a photo; write somemore; post another photo; etc. simply by moving the cursor.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Holy cow palo,

Those are fantastic pictures. What wonder filled days those must have been to come upon those. Not knowing any better, surely those were vaults or tombs. The squarish ones. Did you get a chance for close look to see if they had been caliched?

I may be wrong but i wanted to mention sometimes holes on a vertical face, might be holes for sticks or branches,supporting a roof for a Native shelter or work place.

Here is an example of that for comparison....could be other stuff there too of earlier and later vintage. Not sure what era the circular carving is. In the second, you can see how the holes fit in, a flat area there..i could imagine the holes holding roof "beams" covered with wattle and mud.

vholeclose.jpg

vholespiraloverview.jpg

Again such intriguing and fascinating pics. How lucky to see the sheep! More later.

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi desertmoons,

One of the lower vault like holes, did look like it was caliched over at one time.
Some left over pieces of mesh and caliche or ? still hanging from edge.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Mesh? Maybe it was used for drug storage or cash stash,. Two threaded studs...mmm wonder what was placed there. Gov't work maybe?

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Thunters,

I have been back tracking a little for educational pourposes regarding this hobby.

These anchors are close to a site, that I am working on.

I had discounted them as being nothing , but I might as well let you see them.

1. How old may they be?

2. What is that substance helping hold anchors in rock?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts. :coffee2:

Attachments

• Thunting november 2010 001.jpg
    Thunting november 2010 001.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 922
  • Thunting november 2010 002.jpg
    Thunting november 2010 002.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 902
  • Thunting november 2010 003.jpg
    Thunting november 2010 003.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 853

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Palo! It looks like caliche to me,, and the anchors look forged/handmade,, have you sighted through them?? Also just for kicks,, hold a compass near them and see if the needle is affected by the anchors. td

OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tesoro dog said:
Palo! It looks like caliche to me,, and the anchors look forged/handmade,, have you sighted through them?? Also just for kicks,, hold a compass near them and see if the needle is affected by the anchors. td

Tesoro Dog,

Your words are confirmation to what I suspect (caliche,forged). Thank you.

I have some rock conglomerates that I think are man made or man modified using caliche, but not sure.

Attachments

• 10. Looking north at other formation..jpg
    10. Looking north at other formation..jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 398
  • 8. One of two formations.jpg
    8. One of two formations.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 436
OP
OP
Pala Y Pico

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tesoro dog said:

tesoro dog,

If the needle on the compass is affected by holding near the anchors. What is it telling me?

I will also site through the anchors and see where site points intersect.

I laid my walking stick on top of the three anchors and it pointed to a hill. On a flat area is a whitish rock/boulder.

That white rock caught my attention. I walked past rock within 100 yd, because at the time I was not looking for signs. And I have not gone back to confirm yet.

Thank you. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread