Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 2 hours to hunt this morning and I’m going to a totally hunted out park for 7am to 9am. I was thinking of cutting out, in custom, volume, pitch and tone to the lowest and leaving everything from 20 and up on 25? Also to get the depth, since every thing I have found which isn’t much, was 10” to 12”. Good news is out of a foot it’s 10% soil, 90% sand so not painfully hard to dig.

I wonder it Beach mode would do better in this park or would that 10% soil hurt that mode?

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We have lost contact Houston.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth by cutting out the iron tone(lowering volume in everything but high conductors) but going all metal you defeat the whole purpose of going all metal. You WANT to hear the iron tone (grunt) with the false non ferrous tone because that clues you in as to the nature of the false...iron!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck Truth!
HH
dts

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My boy Truths still delirious from all that hunting and digging we did this weekend, He was to the point of complete exhaustion by the end of the hunt, my man will put an "Armorooter" to shame when it comes to digging!!!
giphy.gif

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably curled his muddy butt up on the couch by now!

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tell ya, you couldn't ask for a better person to hunt with, he proved it that day I came close to heat exhaustion!!! He's definitely a character for sure, but he's turned out to be a good friend!!! I'm glad I met him and wish I could meet more of you guy's!!!

"D"

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth by cutting out the iron tone(lowering volume in everything but high conductors) but going all metal you defeat the whole purpose of going all metal. You WANT to hear the iron tone (grunt) with the false non ferrous tone because that clues you in as to the nature of the false...iron!

I never said AND “all metal” that would be counterproductive in that case not to mention that’s the problem I always hear choppy highs (falsing) never grunts for some reason, unless I’m just use to the grunt sound of the AT and F75.

You’re still my leader :))

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tell ya, you couldn't ask for a better person to hunt with, he proved it that day I came close to heat exhaustion!!! He's definitely a character for sure, but he's turned out to be a good friend!!! I'm glad I met him and wish I could meet more of you guy's!!!

"D"

Thanks Possumcop I stayed up all night because of that small window of no rain. Well IT DIDN’T EVEN RAIN!!!! I’ll NEVER trust this IPhone weather app. I’M SERIOUS.

You’re a great guy who didn’t die lol

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never said AND “all metal” that would be counterproductive in that case not to mention that’s the problem I always hear choppy highs (falsing) never grunts for some reason, unless I’m just use to the grunt sound of the AT and F75.

You’re still my leader :))

Well, frankly, I couldn't really understand what you were saying exactly (lol), so I was going by what you said above and how you described your typical discrimination/notch setup in this post, http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...ne-utilize-threshold-equinox.html#post5915493, which basically sounds like all metal (i.e., "I don’t notch out anything I lower the tone and volume on iron.") So I figured you were doing the same thing here so I am not surprised you don't hear the iron grunts. That just might be the issue. You've asked this question so many different ways (here's another where you implied all metal - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...-6-coil-vs-11-coil-u-s-coins.html#post5911117), I have to look back on how I've answered it for you previoudly just to try to figure out why it is not clicking for you. This might be a clue. By the way, to answer your original question, "Is this crazy?", the answer is "Yeah". :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, frankly, I couldn't really understand what you were saying exactly (lol), so I was going by what you said above and how you described your typical discrimination/notch setup in this post, http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...ne-utilize-threshold-equinox.html#post5915493, which basically sounds like all metal (i.e., "I don’t notch out anything I lower the tone and volume on iron.") So I figured you were doing the same thing here so I am not surprised you don't hear the iron grunts. That just might be the issue. You've asked this question so many different ways (here's another where you implied all metal - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...-6-coil-vs-11-coil-u-s-coins.html#post5911117), I have to look back on how I've answered it for you previoudly just to try to figure out why it is not clicking for you. This might be a clue. By the way, to answer your original question, "Is this crazy?", the answer is "Yeah". :tongue3:

Lol yeah I never notch out anything I lower volume and tone. I don’t even know how to notch out. Lol

Yeah I have ADHD bad so I think a couple of things at one time. I’ll admit I’m terrible with words a master at number which is why I do loans and not a author. But looking back even I’ll admit I butchered that post. :laughing

Getting serious I do appreciate all the time you take to advise a lunatic as myself. It’s always took me longer to learn something, so the teachers usually lost their minds, but once I get it I sore. 🦅

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you leave an opening we're gonna bust your stones!

Lol.

Hey I have thick skin no “safe spaces” in my neighborhood lol

If I haven’t been sober for 15 years I would have bet, if I haven’t gambled in 15 years, that I was drunk :laughing

I love you guys

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, your original post kind of makes the Beale Code look like child's play ;)

CharlesUpstateNY

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I have thick skin no “safe spaces” in my neighborhood lol

If I haven’t been sober for 15 years I would have bet, if I haven’t gambled in 15 years, that I was drunk :laughing

I love you guys

I read your post and got a throbbing headache behind my right eyeball.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread