Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont think so,take a piece out and push it with a needle,I bet it crumbles...not gold

OP
OP
nsdq

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
dont think so,take a piece out and push it with a needle,I bet it crumbles...not gold

it flattens out an remains intact

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is gold known to have from the area?

OP
OP
nsdq

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
is gold known to have from the area?

few miles from the cornwall mines, lancaster area an lebanon area

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it could be then?It just looked "coppery",in the pic?I was thinking it was likely Mica,but that doesnt impress

OP
OP
nsdq

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
I guess it could be then?It just looked "coppery",in the pic?I was thinking it was likely Mica,but that doesnt impress

this stuff is the size of a pin head,i filled the vail with water to help magnafy it, if i rember mica is allmost transparent

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nsdq said:
kuger said:

this stuff is the size of a pin head,i filled the vail with water to help magnafy it, if i rember mica is allmost transparent

no

OP
OP
nsdq

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tried for better pics

Attachments

• Picture 480.jpg
    Picture 480.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 509
  • Picture 479.jpg
    Picture 479.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 508
  • Picture 482.jpg
    Picture 482.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 543
OP
OP
nsdq

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
nsdq said:
kuger said:

no

or does flake in little layers ? cn't rember

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nsdq said:
kuger said:
nsdq said:
kuger said:

no

yes,layers.....it sure doesnt look like gold to me,buts hard to tell for sure

OP
OP
nsdq

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
nsdq said:
kuger said:
nsdq said:
kuger said:

no

yes,layers.....it sure doesnt look like gold to me,buts hard to tell for sure

thnks for looking it is hard due to how small it is, but one day i will find some for sure

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
NS!! Kuger!! could very well be right, but it does not have a copper look on my screen but different pc's show different colors, i am a newbe to never found gold never had a chance not any around me. those photos look like what i have seen on here that is said to be gold and black sand. if it was mine i would keep it seperate and labeld where it came from, do not know if i would dig more there or not you will have to deside that. keep hunting you saying that it flattend out but stayed togather sounds right for gold. try to find someone that is a gold hunter to take you out or just look at your sample that is the only way to prove Kuger!! wrong or right cause like he said does not look like gold to him but hard to be sure, i am sure he ment to add in photos. oh by the way if i ever order paydirt it will most likey be from him. Terry

OP
OP
nsdq

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmodel said:
NS!! Kuger!! could very well be right, but it does not have a copper look on my screen but different pc's show different colors, i am a newbe to never found gold never had a chance not any around me. those photos look like what i have seen on here that is said to be gold and black sand. if it was mine i would keep it seperate and labeld where it came from, do not know if i would dig more there or not you will have to deside that. keep hunting you saying that it flattend out but stayed togather sounds right for gold. try to find someone that is a gold hunter to take you out or just look at your sample that is the only way to prove Kuger!! wrong or right cause like he said does not look like gold to him but hard to be sure, i am sure he ment to add in photos. oh by the way if i ever order paydirt it will most likey be from him. Terry

thanks but it wasn't dug it was scoped from the spring bottom , the md does sounds off on nickle signial , thats i panned it to see, but ii can get it checked, happy hunting

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmodel said:

Well thank you!You are right,its dang near impossible to say yea,or nay,from here.I guarantee you show it to some one that has seen a flake or two,and they can tell ya,once you know what your seeing there is no mistake :thumbsup:

OP
OP
nsdq

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
tmodel said:

Well thank you!You are right,its dang near impossible to say yea,or nay,from here.I guarantee you show it to some one that has seen a flake or two,and they can tell ya,once you know what your seeing there is no mistake :thumbsup:

getting it checked out on monday

brefos77

Feb 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a newbie at gold, but I'm pretty good with a camera. Whenever you take a pic of something like this, use your macro option on your camera (if you have one). Most digital cameras come standard with it. The icon is a flower and will take the best up close pics.

OP
OP
nsdq

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brefos77 said:
I'm a newbie at gold, but I'm pretty good with a camera. Whenever you take a pic of something like this, use your macro option on your camera (if you have one). Most digital cameras come standard with it. The icon is a flower and will take the best up close pics.

welcome to t -net,,, that was a web cam that i used

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you swirl the water around enough to barely move the black sand does the "gold" move or does it stay put? If it stays put there's a good chance it's the real thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread