Mar 30, 2005
Northwest Oklahoma

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm not an attorney, but think as long as the original source is credited (i.e. the entire URL of where the photo was originally downloaded, and when it was downloaded - as we show on each of our FREE images here... TreasureNet Historical Images) then is IS perfectly legal to do what they are doing (quite clever if you ask me!)

However, they are only saying that the original source is the National Archives - I don't think that is enough to be completely legal! But like I said, I am not an attorney!

Marc

OP
OP
C

chellyp

Mar 30, 2005
Northwest Oklahoma
I was just curious. In my little brain, each of these photographs is a small treasure in itself - just seems to be taking them too "lightly" for my liking. LOL

pastfinder

Feb 7, 2005
Anything published before 1923 is in the Public Domain. This means that it is available "for the use of anyone anywhere at no cost and with almost no restrictions whatsoever". Many things published or otherwise created since 1923 are also in the Public Domain, but with certain restrictions.

I have several items from the Public Domain on my website...primarily true narratives from the Civil War.

Pastfinder

http://historystreasure.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread