All Treasure Hunting

Bobby Bridge

Jun 17, 2010
Center Line M I
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told my wife I could find gold with my F5, well that ain't happend yet. Now it's a way to get out of the house.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobby Bridge said:
I told my wife I could find gold with my F5, well that ain't happend yet. Now it's a way to get out of the house.
is this a yes or no

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
You'd be better off with a job mate :tongue3:

KYBuzzBox

Apr 7, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, D2, 6x10DD, 4x6DD, Super-12, 8x14DD
I have paid for my V3i and extra coils with my finds. Not with clad coins (wife cashes those in for gas money), I cashed in the all of the Gold and Silver rings and chains I found. In addition to several pounds of silver coins with selected old coins being sold separate. You can do it, but it takes a while and you just have to get lucky when hunting parks, tot lots, and old house sites." I'd rather be lucky than good!" HH....KYBuzzBox

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped keeping track of my clad coin finds years ago and concentrated on the gold from diving and beach hunting up and down the east coast. It is possible to pay off a detector with even clad amounts but it takes a lot of time and bending down. With my gold rings I usually get more selling them outright than for scrap gold value even at Midwest Refineries. BTW, I only sell now to ARA.

You have to add in the money you make by selling other things you find besides just coins, like boat anchors, glass insulators found while hunting, and selling gold chains you found with your Tiger Shark to customers. It all adds up quickly. Lots cheaper than running a bass boat I'll tell you. :laughing7:

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
who said I didn't work we are living in the same recession welfare reform battered country aren't we ???????

PS forgot inflation vat ravaged

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes

paid for my Sovereign in 2001

& Paid for it again in 2002

If gold & Silver were at what they are now,
I'd have paid for it 10 times in those 2 years.

Of course the last few years put together wouldn't have paid for it.

Again..

YES It is possable.

But you gotta get Lucky on location

You won't do it on clad alone at most places

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been averaging a little over $50/mo. in clad and about 1.3 silver rings/mo. (they vary greatly in value, but, probably average $25 - $30 per and no gold yet---in my 6th month of detecting). As I have said before, I didn't buy mine with the expectation of paying for it with finds and it has paid for itself many time over when one considers the entertainment value and the exercise!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
metal mania said:
shaun7 said:
who said I didn't work we are living in the same recession welfare reform battered country aren't we ???????

PS forgot inflation vat ravaged

Ask a silly question.......

You also forgot the price of fuel :o

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say its possible!!! if you save it all up. and forget about the cost of getting out to hunt!!!!

Really it just takes one Great find ( pull tab ) to pay for a new one!!

Here is mine I found last year, Haven't sold It yet!!! 18K 30.6 grams w 6 rubies

HH and good luck

Attachments

• ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 437
  • ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 432

Insideout

Feb 19, 2011
From another forum I vist this guy for the year in just clad 6820 in clad @ $778.80. Plus is other finds I'm not going to post the list.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it is funny, I usually don,t use my finds to purchase equipment. Here is where my finds go: About a months coins went to Katrina relief, coffee can of pennies to church penny marches, about $350 deposited into account (some then went to a Christmas present IPOD touch), about $4.00 to curious children just to make their day, about $8.00 went to the parking meters at the beach, older finds are carded and added to the coin collection. Some are still in jars waiting to be cleaned and counted.

I guess I am lucky. All the funds for detector, pin pointers and diggers I have spent over the last 7 years have been part of my work annual and Christmas bonuses. If I had to count on the finds to pay for equipment I would probably not be detecting, just fishing with worms and a cane pole. Wish I could make my living off detecting some how, that's what I would call living the dream.

Ed D.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I detect a lot and if I was not retired already, then I would NOT quit my day job to look for coins. It's a little bit like fishing. are they biting today or not, is the fishing hole fished out or not. Yes their are a lot of coins to be found still but it isn't a study find every time a person goes out. You can find a few cents... or you can find a few dollars most of the time you go out. Don't think dollar signs when you go out because the silver and gold are rare but can be found once in a while.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course it's possible the way you laid it out. However, that assumes you hit the target amount each of the 56+ days you hunt, which doesn't often happen that consistently in reality. I don't personally detect to pay for my detector, but at least this hobby pays back some of the investment we put into it. I really enjoy getting out and finding whatever, monetary value is just frosting on the cake.
Luvsdux

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about half the way to paying for my E-trac with just about 4 American civil war button. So I would say YES!

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, your math is correct. Now , go out, have fun and hit your daily money amount.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread