Detector(s) used
E-Trac

Attachments

• lt.JPG
    lt.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 456
S

stefen

Yes. However, it can be wired to the internal signaling sensor.

Being that its lolw voltage, the battery life will decrease.

I'm suprised that the manufacturer's have not provided this capability.

You might contact the manufacturer to see if they can modify your MD.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They actually could use an LED light which takes very little energy to light an would last much longer than any incondesent. This would be a great addition for those who are hard of hearing or def, they could still enjoy the hobby of metal detecting!!

I suppose you could add la light to the front of the detector like a headlight as well for night detecting :)

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett used to have detectors with a little light, treasure eye? maybe they called it. Apparently it was not too practical, it did not last long.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For night detecting, just go to the nearest Big Lots store and spend $3.99 on a small LED reading light. These slide over the ear, much like an earpiece for a cell phone, and you can adjust the lamp downward to focus it on the ground. The LED bulb will last practically forever, and it takes small wristwatch-sized batteries. You could even take a clothes pin and clip it onto the brim of a hat. I've gone for a good many night hunts with mine, and I'm glad I didn't spend more for a light when I got a great one for under 4 bucks.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Here is one from the Lost treasure.com site. Inexpensive items.

http://www.losttreasure.com/shopping/pc-9943-41-jays-cache-silent-search-on-24-extension-cable.aspx

There are two models. One is a direct plug in to the jack and the other has an extension cord.
I own both and yes they work. I imagine if you wanted to use the headphones and the light a Y adapter could be used. I use a magnetometer/PI combo and run them together. I plug the silent search into the mag and clip the bulb on my baseball cap. When I get a hit on my PI(I use headphones for it) which is iron the small red bulb blinks from the mag.

George

OP
OP
NH Bob

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
I am deaf and have to remove the hearing aid to use the phones. When someone speaks to me I have to shut down and put the aid in to hear what they want. Bummer.

OP
OP
NH Bob

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Thank you George,
I just ordered one from your link.
Bob

OP
OP
NH Bob

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Also found the Vibraphone if the light don't work.

Attachments

• vibraphone253328.jpg
    vibraphone253328.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 227

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, it's great to see this kind of help! Hearing is something I always took for granted while treasure hunting..it's great you can still enjoy this hobby to its fullest by making these kinds of alterations to your unit.

OP
OP
NH Bob

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Construction and too many guns in my younger years with no protection. I was too much of a man to wear ear plugs. Now all I do is say what? or just sit there like a dummy and smile. Hearing aids work but not that great.
If that is you in the picture you are still young enough to save your hearing. The worst is when my Grandchildren talk to me and I feel so bad that I can't understand them most of the time.
Enough of that. Just take care of your hearing and your kids when they want to crank it up.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my friend is deaf and asked the same question, i asked it here a while back, someone said they knew a deaf hunter that used the vibration of the speaker to hunt.......but it was a certain machine, don't know which machine, i guess he found a detector that gave him a nice speaker vibration......vibration is the way to go...light would be to hard to hunt with, unless it was close to your face, or at night.

ps. my friend taught me to sign........i am glad to know him!!!

OP
OP
NH Bob

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
I forgot to mention the good points of being deaf.
(1) you can turn it off when your wife talks too much.
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6) You can turn it off when your wife talks too much.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
bakergeol said:
Here is one from the Lost treasure.com site. Inexpensive items.

http://www.losttreasure.com/shopping/pc-9943-41-jays-cache-silent-search-on-24-extension-cable.aspx

There are two models. One is a direct plug in to the jack and the other has an extension cord.
I own both and yes they work. I imagine if you wanted to use the headphones and the light a Y adapter could be used. I use a magnetometer/PI combo and run them together. I plug the silent search into the mag and clip the bulb on my baseball cap. When I get a hit on my PI(I use headphones for it) which is iron the small red bulb blinks from the mag.

George

I have seen several of these type's of items on the web, although I can't seem to finds the pages right now...
There is one that I know of that has the bulb, just above the plug,, no wires to mees with,,, if I can find the links again, I'll be sure to post them here...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
NH Bob

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Hi George, When you use the light is there any differenct between a good signal and a bad one?
With the phones its clean or broken depending on the quality of the target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread