B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob or rwsnc found this last weekend in an empty lot where we found lots of clad and a few pieces of jewelry.
When he handed it to me to put in my recycle bucket i held off because i thought i`d seen one before on Treasure Net so i hung on to it.

Not in as good a shape as Breezies but it looks similar.

I was hoping someone knew the diameter of bracelet and flatened areas before i throw it back in the recycle bucket.
Thanks and
Happy Hunting all:laughing7:

Bill in NC

Attachments

• bacelet 001.JPG
    bacelet 001.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 99
  • bacelet 002.JPG
    bacelet 002.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 98
  • hasp.JPG
    hasp.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 109

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is wow, it sure looks like it neat find!! HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

Attachments

• Bracelet4.jpg
    Bracelet4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Bracelet2.jpg
    Bracelet2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
B|lker

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok one more pic.
Breezies looks a little fatter than this one.

Attachments

• bracelt diam.JPG
    bracelt diam.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill, I think Breezie's bracelet is 1/8". Is mine/your's the same?

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CONGRATULATIONS Bill on finding a SLAVE BRACELET. Be sure to check out my original post and the article in W & E Treasures magazine:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/todays-finds/255201-african-slave-trade-bracelet-1700-1750-a.html
Could you send me a PM to let me know where in NC you found it? I don't mean exactly, but the general region. There were several tribes of Saponi Indians here in NC. They were a Tri-Racial tribe.
I also understand (although I have not done it) you can bend brass by boiling it, then carefully, VERY CAREFULLY move it back into position.
Way to go on a GREAT FIND! :icon_thumleft: Breezie

Upvote 0

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, it bent pretty easily. It wasn't in that shape when I found it. I bent it to fit in my pouch.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B|lker

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Bill. I already read it.

Upvote 0

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man.........word to the wise save all your finds :BangHead:
Ok I admit it I found one of these behind my house in a field, I have been reluctant to tell anyone but Breezie about it. I thought it was a hippy bracelet I saved it for some time, but went through my finds and tossed it thinking it was modern. I can tell you it looked exactly like the ones posted here. Mine was unbent with some patina.....that should have stopped me from tossing it, but no I just had to clean out that bucket......geez. Mine was found in Guilford County North Carolina, in a field that once had three small buildings, the area was know as Hunter Hill, a old hunting area. I really wished I kept it....geez.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man.........word to the wise save all your finds :BangHead:
Ok I admit it I found one of these behind my house in a field, I have been reluctant to tell anyone but Breezie about it. I thought it was a hippy bracelet I saved it for some time, but went through my finds and tossed it thinking it was modern. I can tell you it looked exactly like the ones posted here. Mine was unbent with some patina.....that should have stopped me from tossing it, but no I just had to clean out that bucket......geez. Mine was found in Guilford County North Carolina, in a field that once had three small buildings, the area was know as Hunter Hill, a old hunting area. I really wished I kept it....geez.

Jorge del Norte, I'm so sorry you threw away your trade bracelet. I think we all have done that one time or another. You might want to do some research about Guilford Co., NC and any Native American Tri-Racial tribes. If I'm remembering my history correctly, wasn't Guilford formed from Orange County? I'd certainly grid MD the area where you found it to see if you can uncover any other relics. If there was a creek or natural spring in that area, be sure to work it well. :) Breezie

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, please see my post in "What is it?" I would love to publish a photo of the slave bracelet in my upcoming article. Best Wishes, Buck

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread