Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
I hate Christmas shopping . I just hand out the green and let people buy what they want ( no complaints as of yet ) . Some folks would rather put it towards groceries or bills .Merry Christmas to all .

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
dirt doctor said:
I hate Christmas shopping . I just hand out the green and let people buy what they want ( no complaints as of yet ) . Some folks
would rather put it towards groceries or bills .Merry Christmas to all .

I would rather hand out cash or gift cards but with having to children ages 13 and 10 I have to have some gifts under the tree. This year I'm going to get some gifts and give them a gift cards because they can get more for their money after Christmas.

mcgearhead said:
That's too funny windharvester ! We say the same thing every year, that right after the new year we would start buying a little each month for the next Christmas. Well here we are waiting to get my check this week, so we can get everything on Christmas eve, again !

I am going to stick to my plan this time. I just hate all of the last minute shopping !

I hate the last minute shopping too, it's so stressful.

Yep, your family and mine sound a lot alike MC.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually shop during the year instead of Christmas time and hide it till Christmas, also comes in handy in case a "get out of the dog house" ticket is needed.. :laughing9:

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Treasure_Hunter said:
I usually shop during the year instead of Christmas time and hide it till Christmas, also comes in handy in case a "get out of the dog house" ticket is needed.. :laughing9:

Now that is what I call thinking ahead.

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
WindHarvester said:
dirt doctor said:
I hate Christmas shopping . I just hand out the green and let people buy what they want ( no complaints as of yet ) . Some folks
would rather put it towards groceries or bills .Merry Christmas to all .

I would rather hand out cash or gift cards but with having to children ages 13 and 10 I have to have some gifts under the tree. This year I'm going to get some gifts and give them a gift cards because they can get more for their money after Christmas.

My wife on the other hand loves to shop for the " under the tree stuff " for the kids + Grandkids
so they usually end up with a gift and cash .Good idea on the gift cards W.H. .

[/q

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WindHarvester said:
Things have been pretty tight this year so we didn't get to go shopping as early as usual so we are going tomorrow evening.

Yes, things are tight most everywhere today, so I got everyone the same thing they got last year. A Christmas card with good tidings. Maybe next year I'll be able to afford the stamps to finally put on them :laughing7:

So my gift to all is, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
I am usually a last-minute shopper, but this year I got mine done about a week in advance. And the stuff we give out
from the two of us is all done now, too. We usually give out 2 or 3 gift cards too besides the other stuff. Sometimes
the gift cards are very appropriate either for clothes or in a restaurant.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Ray.

OP
OP
WindHarvester

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Good Evening Ray,

That is great of you, Does your Lodge give out fruit baskets to Widiows of Masons? Here we put together, fruit, cookies, and candy baskets, last week we delivered over 300.

I jsut wondered if that is done at all lodges.

Merry Christmas Brother.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished mine, took me about 45 minutes plus 30 minutes to check-out. The only ones getting anything more than a gift card (if they're lucky!) are my neice and 5 nephews, everyone else is outta luck. Christmas presents are for kids. I did get the wife a new laptop though.

Times are tough times are hard here's your *&^#$%@ Christmas card! Merry Christmas people! Frosty_by_melonhead_emotion.gif

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a 7 yr old in the house I also have to have presents under the tree. Sometime we start right after the first of the year when the stores are trying to get rid of the inventory of toys. We start buying and then wrap them. The only thing that I new to get is a gift card and some lottery tickets for when we read the Night Before Christmas......Matt

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Nope, not a last minute shopper. Do not like putting up with the crowds.

I normally get a catalog and send eatable goodies to each family. Can do that from the comfort of my home and not worry about the crowds.

On Christmas day I put a few select gifts under the tree for the family and supplement that with a few green backs in a card.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Ray S ECenFL

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We haven't even got a tree yet >:(

happy Festivus

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mojjax said:
We haven't even got a tree yet >:(

happy Festivus
Tree? Someone say tree? I have a Charlie Brown tree, stands about 18 inches tall, I think it's in storage.
That's what families houses are for, all the perks and none of the hassle. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread