Is your Excel able to find earring backs?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Excel 1000 is able to Beep on gold earring backs. They are difficult to bring up with a scoop but worth it for the rarity of it. These were collected in a summer. house 035.JPG All were 14 kt. Hardly any weight but fun to collect anyway.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive:

Are all of theese finds in or on fresh water beaches?
Are you searching in all metal mode?
If you are using discrimination, are you digging repeatable signals or chirps?
What depths are you detecting the gold earring backs at?

My Excel 1000 is able to Beep on gold earring backs. They are difficult to bring up with a scoop but worth it for the rarity of it. These were collected in a summer. View attachment 1321843 All were 14 kt. Hardly any weight but fun to collect anyway.:thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful color!! Wow!! I have to say I would miss all of those. If I get a small chirp while hunting in PP I just keep on going.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were found in freshwater and not very deep. Some in disc and some in PP mode. Normally i hardly pay attention to chirps, but after a few minutes of silence I scoop the chirps just to see what they are. I think I sold over an oz to ARA.:thumbsup:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats very impressive to me Sandman. I capture a few during they year...... but they are rare because normally im moving a bit to fast. The smallest piece of gold ive found is around .3 grams. Like you said........ you better be a patient man if you have big holes in the scoop. When you are getting them in that quantity you aint missen much you coil is going over........ id hate to hunt behind...... or even in front of you lol.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I find the smallest things to include fish hooks as well as earring backs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread