Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News
Don...... ISIS is planning to mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper, the group said Thursday.Its aim is to stay away from the "tyrant's financial system," ISIS said in a statement. It said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency's exchange rate, and where it can be found.
The currency will include seven coins: two gold, three silver and two copper.
The move is "purely dedicated to God" and will remove Muslims from the "global economic system that is based on satanic usury," ISIS said.

Last edited:

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like to have a couple before we blow them to hell. Will be a collectors piece for sure.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ISIS would have to have amassed a huge stockpile of the metals to begin producing a currency. Not saying it isn't possible but I suspect this is just more posturing by them.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's intended to been seen as a threat to the current monetary system that's based on a weakening American dollar. If they can attract enough currency trade with like-minded countries and interest then their next move would be to try to form their own currency alliance.....just another means to further weaken the American dollar and its infrastructure. But this is all going to lead into politics.....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least they won't dissolve in the soil in a few years.

Only thing so far that I have heard they may be doing properly. If it ever comes to be.

I do wonder who will make the good and commodities in the fundamentalist society they want. If you don't get past a forth grade education you probably won't be designing the stamping press for a coin, or the extrusion dies for a cartridge, etc.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ISIS?! Really
Not here. Just another fundamentalist group looking for attention. They only have mis- construed ideals. No gold, no silver, no copper! Coinage, highly doubtful. Who would take it seriously, unless for bullion weight? An Isis stamp alone will devalue anything and be unwanted.
Peace

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will take 1 of each please!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wonder if they will offer them to infidels?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People will probably start hoarding them for the metal value instead of circulating them as currency, and they could only deal with those who accept their money.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hard to say what's true, but I read where they are selling oil from captured oil fields for at least $1 million/day, and as much as $5 mill.

If true, that is a little scary, money like that can create a lot of terror.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ISIS?! Really Not here. Just another fundamentalist group looking for attention. They only have mis- construed ideals. No gold, no silver, no copper! Coinage, highly doubtful. Who would take it seriously, unless for bullion weight? An Isis stamp alone will devalue anything and be unwanted. Peace
I just looked it up because I though I read somewhere they had a ton of gold. And yup. They do. On their run across the Middle East they were emptying banks. So I bet they do have the pms to do it http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/185366

Isis the worlds richest terrorist organization

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nd-became-the-worlds-richest-terrorist-group/

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously though Turbo21, I hope you're wrong.
Even if "they" have enough precious metal to make coinage, I doubt it will have much effect on the world economy.
The coinage would be localized at best.
The EU monetary system failed, and "we" deal daily with Europe.
Can you imagine the exchange rate between Isis and the U.S.?
Peace

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I'll take a Isis gold coin over a worthless US greenback any day of the week, at least that's real...paper money..bleh. Almost as worthless as a bit coin.

There's a difference between intrinsic value and what something's worth to the right person. Try to purchase something from a vending machine or most businesses, or pay your bills, or settle a speeding ticket with a gold or silver ISIS coin. Attempt the same with your debit card or $20 bills. Report back on who accepted what and then tell me again how a simple piece of paper is without value.

Granted, it's a collective hallucination, but so is gold. You can't eat, wear, or build a house out of either of them. (Actually you can, but the results would be substandard.) What real value is there in either of them, besides the value assigned by our collective consent to accept that they're valuable?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions