Ist Barber Dime

drustino

Mar 11, 2005
Was detecting my neighbors yard & found my first badber dime a 1903 O. My daughter was real excited since she actually dug it. I put this in my little change pocket in my jeans. When we got home I headed for the shower and guess where the jeans headed ? Yep. in the washer & dryer befor I realized I left the dime in the pocket. I checked the washer & dryer & it's not their. Tried to get the agitator off on the washer but to no avail. Checked the lint filter, nothing. I need to find it, I think my daughter is kinda mad at me. Grrr.

Upvote 0

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check to see if it may have fallen out before the jeans went in the wash..even check in between the seat of your car.

Also, a friend of mine bought a second hand dryer from someone and noticed when he tilted the dryer he heard the sound of coins..he took part of the dryer apart and foundin the neighborhood of $20 in change inside the body of the dryer.

Hope you find it..good luck!

Nat

OP
OP
D

drustino

Mar 11, 2005
Natman said:
Check to see if it may have fallen out before the jeans went in the wash..even check in between the seat of your car.

Also, a friend of mine bought a second hand dryer from someone and noticed when he tilted the dryer he heard the sound of coins..he took part of the dryer apart and foundin the neighborhood of $20 in change inside the body of the dryer.

Hope you find it..good luck!

Nat
I'll have to search around the house more,we walked so its not in the truck, might have ti dismantle a few appliances.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow , to find something like that and lose it, i sure would hate to do that. hope you find it and congrats on the find

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
you'll find it,, i lost a ring in my truck i was sure it shouldn't have been there,, sure enough,, i cleaned the truck and there it was .... even if it don't turn up,, congrads on another first !!! try carrying a small pill bottle for the good stuff.... it won't happen again...

OP
OP
D

drustino

Mar 11, 2005
Found the dime, got the agitator off the washer & their it was. Daughter is happy, & washer still works.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
drustino said:
Found the dime, got the agitator off the washer & their it was. Daughter is happy, & washer still works.

A happy ending. And you didn't even have to wash it. :D

Congratulations on a first. They are beautiful coins when not really worn.

Bob

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
drustino said:

Glad you were able to recover it! :) Maybe give it to your daughter in a coin holder! One day she can look back and you can talk to her about it! Great story with a great ending!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
drustino said:

Hey, cool! Now it's like you've found TWO Barber Dimes!

Congrats.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Sure hope you find it, lost first Barber Dime in 1989 after carrying it around for close to two years, just a beat up thin barber but it was my good luck piece! Hopefully someone else has it in thier collection now!!

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a pic of her holding it and put the pic and the dime in a frame... Did you try tipping the washer before taking it apart?
Great memories!!
Ray

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice find in the wash mach!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good job on the find , again ! looks like another happy ending to me,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread