Ist hunt of 2010

emesis

Mar 12, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needed to get out because of cabin fever, so I went to a local beach and saw the glint of big gold and diamonds. Was really excited, but the reading on my x tera was a 36, which is not usually a gold reading. I did not have a magnifying glass, but I saw a mark stamped into the band. The ring is huge and I was thinking at least 14 kt on the gold and maybe 1 carrat on the diamond. The ride home I was dreaming of a new detector or maybe something for the family and just generally enjoying the high you get from a good find. In the back of my mind I kept seeing the number 36 and that stopped me from being too giddy. You probably know where this is going. When I got home and I placed the ring under some magnification, the stamp said Taiwan, with no other marks such as 24 k. Oh well, it was almost a great find. Who in Gods name would buy a huge fake gold and diamond ring. I would think if you were going to be pretentious, at least go with the real stuff. That's what I get for being greedy. May be tomorrow I'll get the real gold.
PFP

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes girls will wear a fake engagement ring to help keep the vultures guys away. Of course, it's usually the girls who don't need any help with that... :laughing9:

DCMatt

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wanna be's? :D Oh well, at least ya got out. :wink: Good luck tomorrow~

Nana