It could have been my lucky day!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I had a few minutes to kill this morning so I went over to the silver farm to pluck a few. Managed a 19 wheat and some clad, then headed to a local house I started in January. Then, it produced lots of wheats from the teens and twenties. This afternoon, it started popping them out again, about a dozen wheats, mostly teens and twenties. In between, I found this "Lucky Pocket Piece" designed "For Norge Salesmen." It's the size of a quarter. They couldn't have been too lucky; from what I read, the company went out of business (?). The piece still has some gilt on it, and has to predate WWII; what company would use the swastika and it's name on the same token once that business started. Now, back to all those wheats: we all know that lots of wheats usually means some silver, but so far...nothing. There has to be at least a Merc there somewhere, and I have a couple hours of yard left to search.

Attachments

• norge (Small).jpg
    norge (Small).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 674
Upvote 0
S

seger98

That's a neat token, you would think there would be a silver or two with that many wheaties, good luck in finding them, hope you find many! :thumbsup:

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
There is a token there in all that darkness

HH
MichiganRob

Attachments

• norge_(Small)[1].jpg
    norge_(Small)[1].jpg
    31 KB · Views: 653

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Henry,
If the wheats were more 40's and 50's then maybe a better chance of silver....? You would think with that many wheats you would hit at least one silver.

Good luck on your return.

Bob

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
The swastika was considered a lucky symbol by many cultures before the nazi's spoiled it. Hindu's still use it in reverse.

Norge made some quality appliances in the day. I'll bet some are still in use.

Nice find.

old_okie

gaspars ego

Jan 29, 2005
florida
Detector(s) used
MPX DIGITAL
how did it make you feel to find a relic with a swastika on it there cant be many of those around. kinda eerie if you ask me.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
gaspars ego said:
how did it make you feel to find a relic with a swastika on it there cant be many of those around. kinda eerie if you ask me.
If I hadn't seen them posted here before, I would have been spooked.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
After cleaning up the wheats, I discovered, among them, a 1914. I searched in vain for a D :'(. Still, I don't find many 14's.

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
It's always cool to find something different. The swastika used to be a common good luck symbol before Nazism adopted it.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're gonna have to take those lucky silver charm's with ya! :thumbsup:

At the lot we hunted yesterday, I dug ten wheats...and NO silver! :P ...well except for the war nickels...but no really real silver coins.

Awesome token though, so that makes up for no silver finds today. :wink:

Congrats! Nana :)

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul on the Wheats...Interesting Token. Go back the Silver is waiting for you. Congrats on your finds...HH

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Cook token. My grandmother had a Norge refrig. It probally is still running. I don't know what happened to it.
Maybe it will bring you luck.
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread