It has been the YEAR OF BIG IRON for me!!! AND a MISSISSIPPI "I" surprise!

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has been the year for BIG IRON for me! And a MISSISSIPPI "I" surprise!!!
What a day!!! When I dug the horseshoe right off the bat I knew it was going to be a great day! Dug a twelve pound bormann cannonball not more than 6 inches in the ground............my first out of this site. Dug a base to a blown 10 pound Read-Parrott, 2 two piece buttons and one has got that "puffy" Confederate state look all over it! I think I see a star on it so I'm thinking MISSISSIPPI. Also dug a early 1700's tool with a hammer on one end and a axe on the other??? Wow.......I was told this is a poled tomahawk just a little while ago and could date to the 1650's! Also dug some musket balls and a spectacle buckle. The 12 pound Bormann does have a lot of concretion but the fuse looks perfect! It should clean up very nice. Now I have 2 more shells to take to Peter George! My birthday definitely came early this year! (6 photos) And it was a Mississippi "I" with a Hyde and Goodrich N.O. back mark and a stand up shank! The other button was an eagle button.
I'm a happy relic hunter tonight!
smiley-cool11.gif

Attachments

• DSCF1537 - Copy (2).JPG
    DSCF1537 - Copy (2).JPG
    344.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF1538 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF1538 - Copy.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF1553 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF1553 - Copy.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF1550 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF1550 - Copy.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF1563.JPG
    DSCF1563.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 6

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
super cool button. cool cannon ball, but those things would scare me to even touch. I read an article a while back about a guy getting blown up by a CW cannon ball he was trying to defuse

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds.....still hoping for my first cannonball...whole that is. Where u located in Va. Devonrex?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome awesome finds! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread