It IS still out there...

lockespop

Nov 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I've been CRHing for two weeks now, reading these forums for several more and I've got to admit that I've been thinking that the folks who come on here with constantly great finds were possibly just here to jerk our chains. I mean, after a few weeks of searching mainly half dollars my success rate was 1/5th of one percent. Meager.

So today, I got in my car and decided to do a loop into a couple of the smaller burbs in my area. I thought I would run around, pick up as many halves as I could, and if I cam up empty again I would just give up the road trips, and possibly half dollars altogether.

So, I'm nearing the end of my loop, I've got about $1200 worth of halves on my front seat, some Brinks, some Loomis, some CW, some loose. I go into my second to last stop, ask, they say they have $330 worth, I have $350 in cash left on me, so I say okay. They haul the $330 up onto the counter in front of me and I see the writing on these CWR's - "1971", "1976", "1988" - I think, oh, great, I just bought someone elses dump! My mind has already turned toward what I'm going to do with the time that I was planning to devote to this hobby that was now, once again, free time....

Anyway, I haul my good to the car and decide to open a few of these newly acquired rolls. I reach into the bag, and like a beautiful sign from AG, the Silver God, I pull out a roll labeled "1964" - I froze. I thought, "No way! Some other CRHer is screwing with whoever buys his dump coins!" - So I slowly tear open the wrapper. Silver 1964 on top, matching 1964 on the bottom...Could it be????????

I pushed the roll down into my hand and there it was in front of me...The Holy Grail of CRHers...a solid roll of what appear to be uncirculated (most of them) 1964 JFK's!

Thank god the bank was very near a mall, because I immediately needed new pants!

What an awesome thrill! Once my phone battery is charged back up I will upload the picture of this roll of beauties in my hand! Unfortunately, and oddly, there were no additional 64's or any 40%ers in the entire $330 worth of labeled CWR. I will be back to this bank tomorrow to see if any of the rolls could have been misplaced, or left behind.

Just when I was ready to give up on the day, and potentially the hobby, Silver jumped up and BIT me again!

IT IS OUT THERE!

Upvote 0

Steelers0626

Oct 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still haven't found a solid roll, I hope to have your luck one day.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
YEA RiGHT , your just jerkin around. We been telling you all along that we find silver. Now i hope you believe us. Congrats and HH

silvereyes

Jan 7, 2011
Just wondering. You said you had 1200 $ more in halves before you picked up the 330 $.
Did you find anything in the other 1200 $ ??

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
Nuts!!!

I meant to put that roll in my safe deposit box and not with my dumps!!! I want it back!

Nice find! Congrats

OP
OP
lockespop

lockespop

Nov 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
silvereyes said:
Just wondering. You said you had 1200 $ more in halves before you picked up the 330 $.
Did you find anything in the other 1200 $ ??

The other $1200 produced (1) 1968 and (1) 1964

Total take for the day : (1) 1968, (21) 1964

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
You're right...I tell you all the time..."It's out thee for the finding." Keep at it
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions