It may be nothing!

ParTickle 1

Nov 23, 2014
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I went out yesterday with my Garrett AT Gold, along a river that has been known to offer up gold now and then. Now I've never found anything but bottle caps and beer cans, but then again I only have 1 months experience with metal detecting. I can see holes dug in the sand traps and rocks where other prospectors have been and I'm wondering if it's possible that I'm on somebody's claim. How can you know? Do you need to bring a lawyer along with you every time you go into the wilderness? "Good thing I'm packing" are my thoughts! lol ~ Anyway, as I'm sweeping the rocks and pebbles, my detector sounded with affirmation on a black boulder that looked not much different from all the others scattered about. It weighs about 8 lbs. and is quite unassuming. I set it aside and re scanned it. Unmistakable! It registers 58 on my identifier bar! Now from the videos I've watched, 58 is well within the range of gold. Could it be? Well I went to the hardware store and bought myself a cold chisel and heavy hammer and today I shall crack it open and see! Or maybe I'll wait and let the suspense build!

Upvote 4

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! :hello: Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
OP
P

ParTickle 1

Nov 23, 2014
Pacific North West
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I've beat on that rock and beat on it! I can get it to crack open! Whatever is in there the rock is trying it's very best to keep it from me! grrrr...

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use a bigger hammer.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have is probably a hot rock. You can read about them in your Garretts manual or see it on the video you got when you received your AT.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hope it's gold for ya! Take pics and post!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bigger chisel. Bigger Hammer. Wheaties. Beers. GO GO GO!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread