Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20210122-093659_Google.jpg since the important stuff that everyone should know about here on t-net did not come out here it is again. Read # 16....I did and still agreed. I had a plan though.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I am a dying breed .. What Male ..... Do I have a place in this country anymore ?

Of course you do. Everyone has a place. Each person is like a piece of a puzzle. Each piece is necessary for the whole. What we each bring to the the picture is who we are. Our goodness, and kindness all contribute to a beautiful picture. Don't let anyone ever tell you there is no room for you.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it looks like I will be heading out to a new site today. It's a pretty good site for relics. Hopefully I'll find some freedom, it certainly seems to be a relic from the past.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, if members want to discuss politics then go to our politics forum, political statements and posts are not allowed anywhere else. Every member here agreed to post by our rules as stated in our Terms Conditions & Guidelines.

TERMS, CONDITIONS, & GUIDELINES

"By using this site, you agree you have read, understand, and will abide by the following terms and conditions...."

------> TreasureNet - Rules

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Did I get post delegated? I didn't post anything political. Only non political facts or opinions. What are you so scared of?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I get post delegated? I didn't post anything political. Only non political facts or opinions. What are you so scared of?

Don't be afraid Treasure Hunter. Its ok. It really is. : )

Not only that. I see the post you deleted had three likes. Ironic it takes place on a thread about censorship. LOL

"If you've posted something, and it disappears, don't make a big deal out of it in another post!............"

" We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason."

Escape, you may need to pay special attention to this one..

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, if members want to discuss politics then go to our politics forum, political statements and posts are not allowed anywhere else. Every member here agreed to post by our rules as stated in our Terms Conditions & Guidelines.

TERMS, CONDITIONS, & GUIDELINES

"By using this site, you agree you have read, understand, and will abide by the following terms and conditions...."

------> TreasureNet - Rules

"If you've posted something, and it disappears, don't make a big deal out of it in another post!............"

" We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason."

Escape, you may need to pay special attention to this one..

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

These are the most fitting and demonstrative posts of any so far. Businesses, liberal or conservative, should be able to make their own rules. We may not always like them, but we always have the choice to leave.

Last edited:

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading all this, if Whites was still in business I would buy one of there detectors just because, H.H. all.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After reading all this, if Whites was still in business I would buy one of there detectors just because, H.H. all.

There is "White Castles", a popular fast food burger joint in some states including mine - Wonder if they are considering a name change ?
Or the "White House" for that matter ,, Once their demonetization starts, any logic or common sense goes straight out the window.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Curious - Do the google "crawlers" or whatever they are pick up and propagate traffic from a paid, membership subforum like this ?

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fakebook and tweeter are the worst things known to mankind other than deadly diseases and viruses. I have zero interest in Fakebook, tweeter, and instadoofusgram.
Nothing but drama in that mess. A waste of electricity and time. "Reality TV" is another scourge not worth electricity or your time. No good can ever come of letting children, teens, and easily-influenced people associate with the filth of online social media.
So Well Said.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious - Do the google "crawlers" or whatever they are pick up and propagate traffic from a paid, membership subforum like this ?

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but Google and internet search engines do list sites like TreasureNet and other forums in search results. The algorithms display results based on a bunch of metrics like relevance, freshness, quality, "popularity", and other metrics. I first discovered TNet through a Google search. I was getting ready to go to Cancun and planned on doing some snorkeling, so I did a Google search of something like, "Snorkeling shipwrecks Cancun" and a link to TNet was in the search results... something in the thread about a cannon off of Cozumel in the "Shipwrecks" forum, I believe. I saw a TNet link when I was doing some historical research recently as well and the relevance filter hit on some of the keywords in a post, so Google's searches do analyze the text in these posts... not just the titles, but the posts themselves.

:lurk:

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if this is what you're asking, but Google and internet search engines do list sites like TreasureNet and other forums in search results. The algorithms display results based on a bunch of metrics like relevance, freshness, quality, "popularity", and other metrics. I first discovered TNet through a Google search. I was getting ready to go to Cancun and planned on doing some snorkeling, so I did a Google search of something like, "Snorkeling shipwrecks Cancun" and a link to TNet was in the search results... something in the thread about a cannon off of Cozumel in the "Shipwrecks" forum, I believe. I saw a TNet link when I was doing some historical research recently as well and the relevance filter hit on some of the keywords in a post, so Google's searches do analyze the text in these posts... not just the titles, but the posts themselves.

:lurk:

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Nope, doesn't clear up my question.
For instance, if something on this very thread showed up in google search results and someone clicked the link, they would have to be a paid member to view it.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, doesn't clear up my question.
For instance, if something on this very thread showed up in google search results and someone clicked the link, they would have to be a paid member to view it.

Try this: Log out of TreasureNet and type this into the Google search bar: "It may be time to consider other social media outlets, getting bad folks"

I did and the first search result was a link to this thread. Even non-TreasureNet members can view it. I'm not a paid member, just a non-paying member with an account and I can find TreasureNet threads through Google searches.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
TN should start, or reveal, the posters with the most "deleted" posts. Would add to the entertainment value.
I think I understand the difference between a deleted post and a (temporary) ban but as I get both the message is blurred.

As others have stated, TN is a social site with defined rules.
If one thinks the site is "getting bad", perhaps a look in the mirror is appropriate.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took FB off my phone and disabled but kept my account for the contacts.
Life is more at ease without having it easy access and the pc garbage. I can still use messenger which is all I need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread