Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last year here in NW Ohio we had 18% unemployment a foreclosed house on what seemed every block and I was watching all my friends getting laid off. I remember one day seeing a truck loaded down with furniture headed somewhere and it accured to me that was a common site.

Today as I was driving around looking for some new hunting ground it donned on me there's hardly anymore foreclosures. I could only find one. I also noticed more sold signs and older homes being fixed up. As far as work goes 2/3rds of those that where laid off last year have been called back where I work.

Also this time last year I remember only seeing 3 help wanted in the paper and that was for truck drivers. The weekend paper last week had 1/2 page of help wanted.

So how's it going in your neck of the woods?

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Seems to be picking up over here, but the money has gone down. That could be because half of Eastern Europe are here working for peanuts though :-\

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
oldcoon said:
Peanuts, aye?
Over here my missus pays her Mexican housekeeper off in bananas.

Lots of energy in bananas, so it makes sense :-\

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to Wisconsin Dells,pretty much every buddy working there, are working for sit zenship for over here. And for a very little wage...But yet they charge 20.00 to 30.00 a person to get in, like "Noah's park" and the place would be packed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread