It Read A Coin Sized Object, A Quarter At 5 Inches

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
CLOCKSrock.jpg

And that's pretty well how it went. I headed out to the same place I got the 1925 US quarter last week, and go figure, I got another silver US quarter. And another Canadian silver quarter along with a silver dime too. Some other interesting items were found too. The clock was still clicking, even though the crystal was cracked. It was out about an hour, so I figure that it was lost before daylight savings time came into effect.

THREESILVER3rock.jpg

Here's a closeup of the best coins. I also found some Canadian coins in the 40's. That belt buckle might be silver, however, there were no markings on it.​

Attachments

• gti2500 (3).jpg
    gti2500 (3).jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 286

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you did it again...another great hunt and beautiful pictures to match. how do you type words in the pics? very professional. you must teach me the way oh Canadian Count of the Camera :icon_king:

hodge

Mar 9, 2009
Buckley, Flintshire, North Wales.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, just a word or two about the buckle in the picture. I could be wrong but I don't think its from a belt. The centre hole looks a bit small for a belt buckle. I think its off a shoe... the style of shoe that was commonplace in the 1700/1800's. Maybe you've seen them in films, pants knee length, long white socks... and black leather shoes with silver (at least coloured) buckles - I've found several since I started detecting in Oct '08. The size & curvature is about right for a shoe, but a big indication of its usage is its weight - do you think its heavy duty enough for a belt? For my money its a shoe buckle, but as I say I could be wrong!! :icon_scratch:
Good luck in your detecting.
Hodge

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
hodge said:
- do you think its heavy duty enough for a belt? For my money its a shoe buckle, but as I say I could be wrong!! :icon_scratch:
Good luck in your detecting.
Hodge

You know....you have a good point. That broken ax head dates back to the 1800's. That buckle might very well have come off a shoe. Thanks for the though. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
brokenarrow said:
how do you type words in the pics? very professional. you must teach me the way oh Canadian Count of the Camera :icon_king:

I use paint. If you click on the letter "A" in the tool box, you can now type letters and numbers. At the bottom of the tool box there are 2 boxes, a blue tune, red circle and green square. Click the on the bottom box, and you can now type words anywhere you like on a photo. If you click the upper box, your words end up in a small white background. Go play with paint! There's a lot of things you can do with it.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-CA/help/f5feb1df-8dd7-4ab0-9f65-3c1c89a329ab1033.mspx

Good Luck!

John

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my God John, i just tried it and it works AWESOME!!!
you totally ROCK,thanks for the great tip. Sorry but im not very computer savvy so when i do something like this and actually works,well i just get ecstatic. thanks again...........you are a true gentleman. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread