Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent the morning doing laundry and some food shopping. I was waiting for the rain to stop. When it finally did, I loaded up the bike and headed towards a park I have never hunted before. Traffic was a little congested but once I got north of the George Washington Bridge, it cleared up.
This park has definitely been hit by someone before me. It is a "New to our Permit Park" I suspect that someone has been doing a little night poaching over the last twenty or thirty years,, lol. I think I have a good idea who it is.
I picked away at the clad until I finally got a signal I thought might be silver. The CTX doesn't scream at you when it goes over silver like the
E-Trac will. I do hear something different when it hits silver or a strong target like a dollar coin. The strong signal I got was a 12-48 and it was really sharp. At about 5 inches, I saw something white. It turned out to be the pearl handle on a derringer. I saw that the barrel was clogged and gently pulling back the hammer, it looked like it was still loaded. I took a few quick pictures and put it in my pouch.
During the ride home, I kept thinking,,, "Wouldn't it be great to get caught with a gun in NYC." There goes my job, my pension, and I get to spend 3 years in jail. Oh boy,, Oh boy.
Well,, when I got home I flushed it out and cleared the barrel with a toothpick. The Derringer is a toy.
It Sure Looked Like The Real Thing.
IMG_3414.JPG IMG_3423.JPG IMG_3424.JPG IMG_3415.JPG IMG_3420.JPG IMG_3417.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 7

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super cool find. I had one similar to that when I was a kid. Its probably in the dirt somewhere waiting to be found.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's unique find ATW. Most of the toy guns I dig, have had battle with a lawn mower or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions