It was 20 years ago today

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
We gathered at my Aunt and Uncles after Christmas for an after Christmas dinner. It was fairly decent, not too cold. Afterwards my brother asked me if I had walked the beanfield behind the house. I had not. He quipped to my uncle Les that he thought I could find a point in just about every field I walked.

We all put on our coats and boots and started walking into the muddy field. Not 30 steps in I found this very nice small point. It's a nice white with red tones.

The field is now gone, built up into a housing edition. Likewise, my Aunt Jean and Uncle Les are gone. Seems like yesterday. Time goes by.
BROWNSBURG_INDIANA_POINT.jpg

Upvote 21

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty little thing. Love the colors!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed so much once open land have been covered up with newly developed housing and commercial real estate. A town I grew partly up in became such a place. Fields that I would hunt pheasants are covered with homes that go on and on. Wooded areas I hunted squirrels in are now groomed parks and old heavy riveted 100 year old iron bridges that once crossed the creek are now modern concrete ones.

OP
OP
dognose

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
When I was a young boy we would drive across town to Aunt Jean and Uncle Les's place where the point was found and my dad would say as we were in town "I used to hunt rabbits with my brother Bob here when I was in high school". I would only see houses. One I would actually live in during the mid 70s.

Now where I am at, is still rural but many areas I used to find a crazy number of fine relics are now covered with these whacky "warehouse industrial parks" that are being built in many areas. Drives me crazy seeing these and how some of these "spec" properties which sometimes sit empty for what seems like years, are taking away natural resources. I could not believe that a "required" by the state archaeological survey did not determine that the area was rich in resources still well into the 2010's.

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread