It Was 99 Degrees When I Went To The Field Today

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Because of some commitments today I didn't get to the field until 3:15 and it was 99 degrees. I looked a field that is incredible but it has had only a trace of rain on it. The field is not irrigated. Although I would prefer that it be 72 with a gentle breeze blowing heat does not get to me like it does many people. I always drink lots of water before I go and take water with me in the field. At least when it is hot as it has been for days, I don't find footprints in the fields when I get there.

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Center point looks like a fantastic Savannah River point, really nice point, the other two are also.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
perhaps this is a good time to ask this.
Does the quality of the point tell you anything? Other than maybe a lazy indian?

Years ago in upstate NY I found my first points and they are crude.
Later ones I have found here in Indy are better quality, and some I see online are topflight.

Please pour your insight on me

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Center point looks like a fantastic Savannah River point, really nice point, the other two are also.

I thought SR also with that stem. Its a nice one

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though I'm new to this type of hunting, I've fine tuned my eyes for spotting the types of points in my area. Those points would stick out like sore thumbs in my fields... Nice finds man.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread