Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sorry, no pics this time. found 3 1942 wheaties and 1 1941 wheatie plus some clad. been hammering the pull rings pretty hard which is a good sign of older stuff but also found an area full of various sized and shaped pull tabs. dug some great sounding bronze or brass fittings and handles. Guess I am getting spoiled now, having gone for a year or two with just sparse wheatie finds to finding not one but an average of four or more ever time out with the occasional silver coin thrown in. still digging lots of modern bullets and brass but I know that at any moment, I could find something really good. The day got even better as we found out that Wendys had their small chocolate frosties on sale for 50 cents, so we got two. It feels great to have a spot that you are excited about and you haven't even put a tiny dent in it yet. HH and GL and don't forget to drink plenty of water!

Upvote 8

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like my last past two weekends just wheats cents, digging pull tabs is not so bad a good chance of pulling some gold best of luck to yah....

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like my last past two weekends just wheats cents, digging pull tabs is not so bad a good chance of pulling some gold best of luck to yah....

finding the older pull rings does give me lots of hope for a gold ring or even silver, sure better than erasers ends and foil

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wendy's has small frosties on sale!!! Guess where I'm going after work tomorrow?
:headbang:

Okay having a bit of fun here. Great job on the wheats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread