It was a good weekend

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife went out of town to do some shopping for our kids school cloths so I dropped the kids off with their grandma and went digging. My first stop after dropping off the kids was at a museum that used to be a county courthouse. I'd hunted it briefly in the past but all I found was clad. Armed with my new coil and knowing there were a lot more targets that I didn't dig that I did I wanted to know what else might be there. The place is unfortunately loaded with pennies, but oh well maybe I'll get lucky and find some wheats and indian heads. While digging a spot with multiple targets, mostly penny and dime tones I pulled up a ring. (I'm guessing someone was happy about their divorce.) Oddly it had a hard dark green crust kind of stuck to it but came off by sratching at it with my thumb nail. I found a spot opposite the stamp that looked chipped and kind of like oxidized brass, rats it must be plated. But the stamp reads 18k so I picked at the red spot some more and sure enough there's more gold below. I'm thinking it's just flawed or poorly made but real (weight 3.3 grams).

The next day I was hunting a city park when one of my very first finds of the day was this really cool World War II ordinance collar pin, another item I never dreamed I'd find. By the end of the day I found 2 more costume rings a girl scouts pin a "brat" pin and $6.50 clad.

tmp_16383-20160801_1218451569353384.jpg tmp_16383-20160731_101008157902172.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day
Congrats on the ring

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds that's why we don't go shopping with the wife !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions