It was a great day for coin hunting...........

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
Opened up the last two boxes from that bank. FIRST roll gives me a 64. Four rolls had two 40's or a 40 and 90 in them. Three rolls had two 40's back to back. My first box gave me 15 40's 2 90's and an 86 proof. Second box 8 40's 2 90's (one is a 61 Ben) and an 83 gold plated.

The total for all 9 boxes I got from this bank are 65 40's, 6 90's (one a Ben and one a worn Lady), an 86 proof and 83 gold plated.

Problem is I have no reason to go back. They have NO HALVES any more....eheheh.

Attachments

• first_box_10-4-07.JPG
    first_box_10-4-07.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 270
  • second_box_10-4-07.JPG
    second_box_10-4-07.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 265
  • on_top.JPG
    on_top.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 265
  • everything_10-4-07.JPG
    everything_10-4-07.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Despite not being a member, seeing how you already have a good rapport with them, see if they'll still order you boxes.

I have more than a few banks who routinely order me boxes; where I don't have an account.

Again, nice begets nice.

bobr

May 17, 2006
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
What company uses those yellow rolls? I get them in boxes up here, but they're usually skunk boxes.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
bobr said:
What company uses those yellow rolls? I get them in boxes up here, but they're usually skunk boxes.

Hey bobr-

I believe anyone but Brinks. I have picked up flat boxes with holes on the bottom from 3 different handlers (Loomis, AT & Rochester) who all use the same type box and yellow wrapper. Where I am, Brinks will always have their name on the rolls regardless of color and use a square type box with double stacked rolls.

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
bobr said:
I get my boxes from three different banks (two CU's one bank). Two of them I believe use Loomis who does the rolling and boxing here in town. The third gets there stuff from the Seattle Fed. Always the same boxes but have different route numbers on them.

Funny thing is I just left a B of A to dump some of the coins. I talked with one of the manager type people. She said they use Loomis. B of A has a very large coin vault/rolling place downtown but they don't use it themself. It's just for internal stuff and other banks.

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
thurmownator said:
Despite not being a member, seeing how you already have a good rapport with them, see if they'll still order you boxes.
I have more than a few banks who routinely order me boxes; where I don't have an account.
Again, nice begets nice.

It's not getting boxes is my problem. I can get them from many banks around. It's getting rid of them that is the pain and biggest problem. Other wise, I'd ask them but I already know the answer. Sure. Just don't bring them back........:(

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Rosco Bookbinder said:
The total for all 9 boxes I got from this bank are 65 40's, 6 90's (one a Ben and one a worn Lady), an 86 proof and 83 gold plated.
Not a bad count for 9 boxes.
Here are my totals for my last 9 boxes:
1964 - 4
40% - 66
Proof - 1
Gold Plate - 1

You don't want to hear my count in that 9 box period for Lady's, Ben's, 64's and 40's from loose roll hunting.......it would make a grown man run crying to momma.......LOL

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
But an average of almost eight keepers per box is nothing to cry about. Good hit rate.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
awhitster said:
Rosco Bookbinder said:
You don't want to hear my count in that 9 box period for Lady's, Ben's, 64's and 40's from loose roll hunting.......it would make a grown man run crying to momma.......LOL
Or maybe you do.....LOL
In between the 9 boxes I searched $728 in loose, hand and machine rolls picked up at banks. The total:

1964 - 2
40% - 46
Ben's - 7
Walking Liberty - 13
Not a bad couple weeks.

I have one last box to P/U for this week today. We'll see how it goes.

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
awhitster said:
Or maybe you do.....LOL

I already heard it and didn't want to hear it again.......LOL.ppppphtttttttt

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Rosco Bookbinder said:
awhitster said:
Or maybe you do.....LOL

I already heard it and didn't want to hear it again.......LOL.ppppphtttttttt
Don't be so selfish. I wanted to share it with all the CRH community.......so ppppppppffffftt to you to..........LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread