It was a HOT day!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Drove over to Jetty Park today about 1100 and the heat was building, felt like it was 105 even with the seabreeze blowing. That storm sure blew the garbage onto the beach. I loaned my Garrett AT3 to a lady friend of mine who wanted to learn how to metal detect. I explained the basis and how to swing the coil head and turned her loose. I set about running my grid popping a bottle cap here and a pull tab there. About halfway between the waters edge and the dry sign I got a sharp signal that sounded like a quarter and dug down about 6 inches with my scoop. Walked down to the surf and washed out the sand and there sat a big .925 Mexico silver ring with a braided design in the middle. :hello2:
My hunting partner stepped over and checked it out. That gave me the lift I needed to hunt another half hour. I saw my friend leave the beach and I started that way myself when I got another sharp tone. It was a big target and the thought of beer can came into mind. I saw the lip and got my scoop under it and pried up and three feet of sand cracked open. It turned out to be a small campers shovel. Also found a big lead egg sinker and about 5 cents in zinc coins.
We broke for lunch and came back about 5 and left at 630 without any more finds. It turned out to be a nice day but I think I'll be looking for a cooler location before I tackle the beach again.

Attachments

• MVC-801S.JPG
    MVC-801S.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 458
  • MVC-803S.JPG
    MVC-803S.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Thats a great ring. Looks pretty chunky too.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The heat out there is getting almost unbearable, and I grew up in Florida. I won;t even venture out there right now between 11 am and 6 pm.

Hang in there, October is coming.

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
one question. when i went to jetty park i was told no metal detecting. ranger pointed me to a sign "no metal detecting". did they change? or do you know someone? a little help here. thanks

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
That's news to me. There was another TH'er out there near the jetty hunting. It might be no detecting allowed in the campground but I think the beach is open. I checked the signs near where I paid my $10.00 and saw nothing that said "No Metal Detectors". There are signs that say no alcoholic beverages but that's all you dig are empty beer cans buried in the sand. Several beach goer's were openly drinking bottled beer so maybe someone who likes in the Jetty Park area can answer your question. :help:

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Jetty Park Day-Use Rules and Restrictions
• Park hours for day visitors are 7 a.m. - Dusk. Day visitors must pay the day parking fee. Click here for fees.
• Children must be under adult supervision at all times. Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children.
• Portable swimming pools are prohibited. Children are not allowed to play with the water faucets running.
• No tree climbing or sitting is permitted.
• No wood or artificial log fires are permitted on the beach or anywhere in the park.
• Charcoal only is to be used in on-site grills. Propane gas grills are allowed.
• No washing, repairing or servicing of vehicles or camping units is permitted.
• Black or grey water may not be released onto the ground. (There are 2 dump stations in the campground.)
• Motorized vehicles are not permitted in the pavilion areas, inlet tent area, west tent area, beach or fishing pier areas, unless authorized by park personnel.
• Speed limits and traffic regulations are strictly enforced. Only street-legal motorized vehicles are permitted in the park.
• Do not feed feral cats or raccoons in the park.
• Do not dig with metal detectors, due to the presence of underground cables and wiring.
• Bathhouses located inside the campground are for registered campers only. Violators will be cited for trespassing.
• Solicitation of any kind is prohibited.

Fishing Rules

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
i think flauther is right, i think the ranger ran me off because he thought i was detecting on my way to the beach. i will ask at the office next time, jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread