it was good for me

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo.JPG

So I know what you may be thinking. What the hay is Voodoo posting a pic of an old lure for? Well I'll tell ya! I went down to the river to fish but the river was flowing a bit fast and water levels were high. I took a few casts and said "nope not today." I walked back to the car and met my detecting buddy. We dirt fished in the park that is near the river. we only detected about two hours at the most. Came away with a few coins and I found this lure about five inches down. It had a steel leader and a rusty hook still attached. I pulled her out of the ground and walked to my car to place it in a bucket. Not sure why the lure would be in the park and not near the river is beyond me. I'm just glad some kids didn't dig it up or get hooked by the rusty treble hook. This is a 'Len Thompson' lure 00' size. They are worth aprox 4-6 bucks (Canadian) depending where you shop. This is one of my favorite lures/patterns when fishing spoons. So I was going to strip it and refinish it (I make lures for a hobby). However I just decided to replace the split ring and treble and leave it as is. It has character and frankly I love it. I will put it to good use. First time out this year as I have been laid up with med probs and have been unable to walk. So to finally get out and find this little beaut it was good for me. :thumbsup::hello:

Last edited:
Upvote 12
OP
OP
voodoo

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oops actual I was out for about twenty minutes when there was still a bit of snow on the ground but that doesn't count......does it? :D

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishing lures rule; especially in Canada. I remember the five of diamonds pattern on a Daredevil has been the go-to pattern since it came out. We use a Troll Devil for the BIG Pike. But in reality most pike will bite on any pattern that comes close to them.

OP
OP
voodoo

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Michigan! LOve the lures. I used to live about 11-12 hours NW of you in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada. We have probably fished similar types of areas/fish. I love watching the Michigan football team too. "go Blue!" Cheers!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Neat score. Congrats. I,ve donated a couple spoons East of Thunder Bay but they were attached to something. l.o.l..

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save, in more ways than one! I love finding things I can use.

Hope all is going well for you.

OP
OP
voodoo

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the likes and comments folks! All is good Msbeepbeep. I will have surgery on both feet around the end of August. I will find out on Monday when I have to go. Then I will be laid up for a week or two, then there's no stopping me. I WILL make up for the lost time this season. Cheers and HH everyone.

OP
OP
voodoo

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all is good have to have surgery on both feet around August to remove neuromas in both feet.
just google 'Morton's neuroma' yeah that's what I have in both feet. I still try and get out a few hours a week. lol I'm crazy for detecting.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Nice lure! :headbang: I dug a huge lure with multiple hooks on beach last year, glad to get it home where kids won't get hurt. A few weeks earlier found similar huge lure someone had wisely put on top of tall post when found it -- intended I'm sure for any fisherman to take from post if they wanted it. I took that one home also so kids wouldn't get their hands on it, and as I don't do ocean fishing, I'll take both lures down to the wharf someday to give away when there's lots of fishermen there. Best of luck on your surgery! I'm glad you're getting out & about detecting this summer! :cat: Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread