It was nice to walk in the warm sun today..........

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taking some advice from several of our TNet brothers, I decided on a trip to the only regulation public soccer field in the city. The others are fenced in or indoors and managed. I took the lower level and found the road blocked by concrete barriers. So, I went to the upper entry and found that road blocked by a steel gate........?? Taking a look down on the field I realized the reason why it was closed. Some idiot decided to take a joy ride on the field and spun donuts all over the place........it was a mess! I did not want to risk the ire of the local authorities (though I doubt I could have done any damage to that poor field) and stayed off the soccer field. So, changing up the plan once again, I decided to hunt around the ball field closest to the soccer field. since they share the same parking area. 2 hours, a Ford hub cap, a fair amount of can slaw, 15 pull tabs and 3 Zincolns later...........I said, "Later!"
I returned to the small sports complex I've been visiting the last couple of days and spent the rest of the afternoon walking the perimeter of the basketball court.......never did finish it........there's still another end to detect.......and then there's the baseball field to do!!

1227 Hunt.jpg 1227 Keepers.jpg

Lots of good targets.......the keepers are a solid brass finial, an aluminum cat ring, '39, '52D and '56D (found another!) wheats (all in good condition), some McDonalds fries and a silver earring.........Still looking for that 15th silver ring..........
Still, it was wonderful to walk in the warm sun instead of shivering under overcast skies!!

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck to all..............

Last edited:
Upvote 11
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive hunt! The Aluminum cat ring is a cool find! :occasion14:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A lot of beeps there ..a wild hunt!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about the soccer field hooligans Chizzy, I was certain you'd pull # 15 from there. Looks like you made the best of the situation and did eke out some keepers along with the clad. I'm still hoping to finish the grid on that FB field this weekend. One of those days I need to do some handyman work at the Daughter's place. Hoping your weather will be warm enough for you to continue the season. My hunt will either be the last hunt of 2016 or the 1st hunt for 2017. GL & HH

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive hunt! The Aluminum cat ring is a cool find! :occasion14:

Thanks, Doc........trying to push through to the end of the year to hit a couple of goals. The cat ring was pretty neat........I was really pleased that the tines straightened without breaking..........

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of beeps there ..a wild hunt!

Did a lot of diggin' the past 4 hunts.........went from $10 for the month to $27 in that time.........thanks for checkin' it out, weregolf!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the soccer field hooligans Chizzy, I was certain you'd pull # 15 from there. Looks like you made the best of the situation and did eke out some keepers along with the clad. I'm still hoping to finish the grid on that FB field this weekend. One of those days I need to do some handyman work at the Daughter's place. Hoping your weather will be warm enough for you to continue the season. My hunt will either be the last hunt of 2016 or the 1st hunt for 2017. GL & HH

Here's a pic of the damage............

Soccer Field Damaged.jpg

Dad the handyman?? Yeah, I also get that call........hope all goes smoothly and doesn't cut into your plans. Good luck on the FB!!
Our weather has been good (except for a little snow on Thursday) and looks to continue to be warm the next few days. But, I'm callin' 2016 and will start fresh after the New Year (here's to a healthy and prosperous New Year to you.........:occasion18:). I have checked out a couple of soccer field complexes in 2 other nearby communities........but, the cold wind just cuts through me!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds Chizzy! Thanks for sharing...

Thanks, vpnavy.........I have to get some pics of that flooded creek at normal stage and post 'em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread