It Was So Feakn Cold Today........... (teeth chattering)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It Was So Feak'n Cold Today........... (teeth chattering)

atcoldgold_zpsa37748e0.jpg

With a temperature of -43 and a cold Siberian wind from the north, I opted NOT to detect this morning.......I must be getting old:BangHead:

Britman

Greenie
Jan 11, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how you can go out at all in the winter there, let alone metal detecting? I used to live in Calgary, and also in Fort McMurray. That's even worse! I remember one Christmas day it was -65 C! Fortunately I moved down into the U.S. It makes me smile when people complain about a cold day here. These 'cold days' are like springtime in Alberta.:laughing7:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost hate to tell you that we had the A/C on yesterday (1/29),because it was 89 outside. (Austin,TX.)

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I had the a/c on too because it was 86*. Produce guy, think we ought to invite these poor folks down to md a bit, then maybe a few at the Broken Spoke(my speed) or wherever you hang? Sort of show them a warmer side of life...

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love winter and would never consider moving to a warmer climate. They both have their pluses and minuses. Our -40 wind chills today do make preparation for the daily walk a little more involved, but it just makes for a more interesting day. Ground is too frozen to dig so I switch hobbies for a few months. Just the other day I plowed a 30 foot wide runway on my lake for my RC plane runway. No trees for a mile in any direction. RC heaven. But, need to wait until a real temp of +10 F for the lipos to work right. Cold? It keeps the riff-raff out.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm trying to imagine...

My deep freezer- I open the lid and inside I find a colony of people in a little frozen village.
"Help Me Help Me" their wee little voices would scream.

Living up north huh~

If you love your AT Gold you would send her to my house for the winter.

I'll take good care of her, we will go for long walks on the beach- ahhh, the warm sunshine :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread