Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was up working last night still fighting this cold and something told me to go try one more time to shell island in the swamp. The last 3 times I went I blanked. So I put the 6” on the 800 and started swinging I began to get desperate and digging iffy signals and it wasn’t working. After 2 hours I told myself to trust the machine and if I don’t get a solid signal we’ll then so be it. I was so exhausted digging those shells and being sick, well all of a sudden I get a solid 19 and went at it. I saw this small thing that I thought was a washer. Put it in my mouth looked at it and couldn’t believe my good fortune. I did it!!!! I was persistent because I knew something else HAD to be there. The 800 has been good to me on small silver, I’ve pulled 2 Capped Bust Half Dimes, 3 Half Reals, 1787 1 Reales a 1840 Half Liberty Dime and last but not least my 1852 Trime. I believe that all the smallest silver coins there is. I got very lucky. The more I work the luckier I get. Unbelievable...I have to learnt dig less and trust my machine more. IMG_2288.jpg IMG_2287.jpg IMG_2289.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0012.jpg

Upvote 73

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job there Truth :icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the trime! :occasion14:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lovely coin!!

Put it in your mouth!?!?!
Swamp!!!???

No wonder you're sick!!
What're you trying to do!? Graduate to pneumonia!!!???

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure hope you get to feeling better, you looked like crap the other day when we hunted, but I'm glad you got right back out there and it payed off, Congrats brother!!! "D"

Yeah buddy well we still put 4 hours in. Why didn’t you put your finds up? You busted my butt.

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice... sounds like the 800 is working out for you. You have got to be loving this hobby and the machine after finding all the old silver. Congrats to you Mister.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.... The 800 has been good to me on small silver, I’ve pulled 2 Capped Bust Half Dimes, 3 Half Reals, 1787 1 Reales a 1840 Half Liberty Dime and last but not least my 1852 Trime.]
Those are all amazing finds...hard to pick my favorite, as I would be psyched to dig any of those. Congrats!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Oh my gosh, that is so awesome T. Not a common find anywhere, especially when you aren’t in the NE. Too cool man, way to go on a really great find.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very Nice... sounds like the 800 is working out for you. You have got to be loving this hobby and the machine after finding all the old silver. Congrats to you Mister.

Thanks ShovelinDave I’ve put ALOT of hours in on the 800 and I can tell you it loves small silver apparently thank God. This hobby has literary changed my life on what I see as “value”.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are all amazing finds...hard to pick my favorite, as I would be psyched to dig any of those. Congrats!

I’ve gotten lucky even with the locations, which plays a huge part, they’ve all been beaten to death and determination, machine and luck because I hunt a lot and many many many times come up nothing but trash. That day God let that tiny 6” coil go over that tiny silver coin in a huge swamp. It’s crazy.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh my gosh, that is so awesome T. Not a common find anywhere, especially when you aren’t in the NE. Too cool man, way to go on a really great find.

Thanks washingtonian Possum and I went 3 times before and got nothing. It’s the hardest digging ever with swamp roots and white shells, but I knew history was there and there must be one thing left.

Even now lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's about time dang bro that's some sweet finds I got a lot of catching up to do

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great find truth , now you have to find the...OTHER 3center , yea three cent....nickle.....you can do it....:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread