Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Able to go out Sunday which was beautiful and Tuesday to my honey hole. Sunday was in Decatur and found two quarters; 1952 and a 1957 (sorry no pics).
First target at the honey hole turns out to be a 1941 Merc :hello2:
Remember before garage door openers you had to turn the handle and pull up? I do. Also got a nice old Ealge Padlock that cleaned up real nice. Its not the super ornate kind of padlock but still says eagle on the loop. also got a car wash token.
1941 Merc Obverse.jpg 1941 Merc Reverse.jpg Garage door handle.jpg Eagle Padlock.jpg Car Wash Token.jpg scrap.jpg

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never had a door to pull up or a garage to go with it:) But we did have a party line phone untill I was a teenager.

Nice finds.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats on the merc and stuff :thumbsup: I really like finding them old brass padlocks.

OP
OP
mjc_lakedweller

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never had a door to pull up or a garage to go with it:) But we did have a party line phone untill I was a teenager.

Nice finds.
We had a party line too and actually got an automatic garage door opener before a color TV. Can you believe that?:icon_scratch:

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the sliver Merc and the 2 quarters , sounds like you have been doing good, like the the wash token and lock too.

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was about ten before I knew Gilligan had a red shirt. We had two channels and now have over 100 and my kids still say there is nothing on TV:)

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking Merc and that padlock is sweet!! Congrats :icon_thumleft:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, mjc. :thumbsup: Congrats on the Merc and old padlock. :icon_thumright:

I was about ten before I knew Gilligan had a red shirt. We had two channels and now have over 100

And we had to get up and turn the crank to change channels. :tongue3: LOL

HH

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice looking merc ( also liked your two sliver quarters the other day ) You are really killing me lately you know when we go out hunting. WTG. :headbang:

OP
OP
mjc_lakedweller

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice looking merc ( also liked your two sliver quarters the other day ) You are really killing me lately you know when we go out hunting. WTG. :headbang:
Some of it is luck I'll admit but also part of it is looking at surroundings and seeing what was there fifty plus years ago. Those Silvers, well one of them, was right along the sidewalk. Figured it was another bottlecap but - bing - got a silver quarter. Where you are located you need to concentrate on the old parts of town. Hit it nice an early before the riff-raff wake up. Swing slower and listen for the "in-between" signals with all that trash. I try to get out at least once a day and know my machine well. I still learn something new all the time. Good luck Bro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread