Its a bust...

Weazel

Jan 26, 2006
Covington, GA
It's a bust...

Well here's the story...

I am working a few old home sites here where I live. One area on one of the creeks has an old liquer still on it.
While working the still area I got a really strong hit that caused the gti 2500 I'm using to make a warbleing sound in the silver range with a large sig on the display. I figured it was most likely just a large piece of barrel still in the ground but dug anyway. I scraped away the leaves with my boot and noticed the but end of a mason jar sticking out of the ground. My heart started skipping beats in the hope of finnding something worth who knows... I uncovered the jar discovering it full of dirt, emptyed the dirt to find nothing... oh well. ran the detector over the area again and got the same signal... Hmmm Mayby not the right thing and found another Jar yet again empty but with water in it and a super rusty lid other discoveries in that same hole were just pieces of 55 gal steel drum rusting away to nothingness...

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: It's a bust...

Keep digging Weazel! There's bound to be something there. A couple of moonshine jars is cool. Once you clean out the big targets you may find some goodies. At the least, it's good experience for you and your new 2500.

HH!
TBGO

K

Kentucky Kache

Don't give up on that site. Imagine yourself having to hide money. Where would you hide it?

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA

jbot said:
Don't give up on that site. Imagine yourself having to hide money. Where would you hide it?

That is a very good answer Jbot, Weaz I don't think I would bury it
too near my still, if I had a still, I would either hide it a ways from the
still within eyesight, or near my home where I or family could keep
it in eyesight... Just my two cents...
SS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

W,

a bust????

It's the game, the hunt that counts; never a bust.

You checked out the area a bit and came up empty this time; I would
sure not give up on the area.

If it was a still area, whomever worked it considered it out of the way; sounds
like a really good place to hunt.

Best.

have a good un..........

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Where there is a still, there are moonshiners, moonshiners squat alot, mabye you'll find a coin for two, pocket knife, watch, button. If those old mason jars could talk, bet they'd tell some stories to make you crack a rib laughing.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Ummm, are you SURE that was water in that mason jar? Might be some good shine, there!

OP
OP
W

Weazel

Jan 26, 2006
Covington, GA

Hold on there folks... I never said I was gonnah quit huntin the area...

No it was not shine in that second jar...

as for huntin the area around the still have not done as much as I would have liked started at the largest trees first still workin my way from them.

Homefully I will find somethin other than a tetanus (sp) shot...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread