Its a conspiracy I tell ya !

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Re: It's a conspiracy I tell ya !

It is really ridiculous to think on a forum with over 20,000 visitors that you can silence the speech of everyone.

I hate to say it but the political side of the forum served a purpose. I will also say that a few people have their own pages and they seem to be ok with posting things that you cannot post elsewhere.

I am not advocating ANARCHY so please do not take it as that, I'm just saying there is NO way that Jeff, Marc and all the Mods are going to catch all the political threads.

I think if Marc had waited until next week Wednesday to pull the political forum it would have been better received. Now it simply looks like sour grapes to a lot of people.

I don't want to anger Marc, Jeff or anyone else I'm just stating one person's opinion.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

It's absolutely hilarious watching people attempt to casually slide politics and religion into a thread under the guise of not doing it... tooooo phunny!

How about starting a section, with politics/religion/open arguments and charge $25 a year for it. Don't bother to moderate it, let everyone call each other names and just go goofy in there. It's outside the advertisers preview, not available to folks just passing through, and contains the appropriate disclaimer in the first post.

That way, anyone saying.... This is not a political statement but.... blah blah blah metal detector blah blah blah religion blah blah warmonger politician blah blah can simply be moved over to the paid for rubber room.

Kinda solves it all the way around...

I would gladly volunteer to possess the power to kill political threads in the treasure hunting posts. I already know what I think and the constant bombardment of other peoples opinions will not change what I already know. But, I support the option of a separate section for the people who feel the need to discuss politics further.

OP
OP
T

The.Boomer

You know GinB, if you start your own personal page you are the mod ? You could do just that, charge a fee for the politico name callers etc... :wink:

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Killing off the Rubber rooms a week before the election doesn't make sense. It will and (has) spilled over into the other rooms. Now there is a lack of order. Restrict the Rubber Rooms for Members only. Warn those who go there they are on their on and should have a thick skin before entering.
All complaints to Mod's will be ignore except those that threaten life, limb, or racial slurs will NOT be tolerated. If someone calls you a fu*k head that is where the thick skin should be applied. My two cent.

K

Kentucky Kache

Am I in a time warp, or did we do this same thing awhile back?

OP
OP
T

The.Boomer

Cache Crazy said:
Am I in a time warp, or did we do this same thing awhile back?

I vote time warp. ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

*sniff sniff*

smell that................its fear.......................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread