Its a gas!

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250
My grand father told me this one!
seems like when he filled up with gas and paid for it he would come back to put the cap back on and dump his loose change in the gas tank(why god only knows) but as a teenager I couldn't aford to buy gas( still can't) but I knew where to get some.
The auto junk yard.Not evey gas tank was empty when they scraped them so we took a screw driver and poped a hole in them and drained the gas(we filtered it with a shammie)after about ten gas tanks I cut a big hole in one out dropped some coins
pennies dimes and nickels.Back in those days filler tubes were alot bigger.Now if you
come across an older wreck( bang the gas tank!) you could be rich! the drug runners
use gas tanks to smugle drugs becuse the gas fumes kill the sent for drug sniffing dogs
oh god I just rembered easy rider(oh god I must be old) Bonnie&Cliyed used to hind money in the seat and headlight and floorboard were the battery was.I have found lots of silver coins in old cars under the floor mats.Even in the trunks.If it has bullet holes
be sure and check the bank bags! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread