nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's all Greek to me....

The last couple of days, I've been going out and hitting a small park that I didn't even know existed until a couple of weeks ago. Not much to it, but it has a basketball court and a skate board park with it, and it's around those areas that I've been spending my time. It's a new park, only about 10 years old, so I never expected to find any silver coins, but thought that I might come up with some silver jewelry instead.

Over around the skate board area, I swear that all the kids lose are pennies. In the last 2 days, I've pulled out 105 of them. Thank god that there was a bunch of dimes, nickels, and quarters, or I wouldn't have kept digging.

This afternoon, I got this strange reading on the old DFX that said it couldn't make up its' mind if it was a nickel or a zinc penny. So, i dug down and found the zinc penny, and then the nickel. :icon_sunny: Ran the machine over the hole again, and got a real low reading. Since I already had the hole open, I dug a little more, and out popped what I thought was a dime. But, it didn't ring up like a dime. Rubbed a little of the dirt off of it, and I thought that it was a Canadian dime. Again, not so. Couldn't figure out what it was until I got it home, cleaned up, and then looked up on the internet. It is the same size as a dime.

It's a 1970 Greek 50 AENTA coin. How it got here, I haven't a clue. If I had not found some other coins next to it, and came across it, I wouldn't have given it a second look. My first foreign coin of 2009.

Attachments

• Tiera Park - 3-9-09.jpg
    Tiera Park - 3-9-09.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 339
  • Tiera Park on 3-9-2009.jpg
    Tiera Park on 3-9-2009.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used