Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went for my 5k walk in the mall this morning because the weather is not fit for man nor beast.

7BB90FC1-8012-454B-B078-49C05A07CE38.png

When I finished, I needed to stop by Aldi to pickup a few things. As I left the mall parking lot I saw the partial remnants of the snow piles at the end of the rows, and wondered what the plows had picked up from the lot as they pushed the snow wayyyyyy down the long aisles. Only one way to find out, and that’s to pull out the Equinox 600 and swing it! :icon_thumleft:

Let me tell you how cold it was...it was sooo cold that when my face was to the wind, it brought tears to my eyes and almost washed out my left contact lens. I closed my eyes fast enough to hold it in and rubbed my eye until the tears washed out and the contact reseated itself.

I was determined, so I pulled up the hood on my Carhart and put my back to the wind and detected backwards. This lasted maybe four minutes until I couldnt take it any longer, but I did manage to find some clad in the debris. Yeah...I have it bad! :headbang:

2A641114-626C-4629-9924-D12B26997B12.jpeg

Upvote 27

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok you are officially out of control the only thing that helps is more recovery

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JoeVal, I am grateful to tell you that there is help for your addiction....

go buy another metal detector. HTH.

Oh, and nice score in the snow!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went for my 5k walk in the mall this morning because the weather is not fit for man nor beast.

View attachment 1687491

When I finished, I needed to stop by Aldi to pickup a few things. As I left the mall parking lot I saw the partial remnants of the snow piles at the end of the rows, and wondered what the plows had picked up from the lot as they pushed the snow wayyyyyy down the long aisles. Only one way to find out, and that’s to pull out the Equinox 600 and swing it! :icon_thumleft:

Let me tell you how cold it was...it was sooo cold that when my face was to the wind, it brought tears to my eyes and almost washed out my left contact lens. I closed my eyes fast enough to hold it in and rubbed my eye until the tears washed out and the contact reseated itself.

I was determined, so I pulled up the hood on my Carhart and put my back to the wind and detected backwards. This lasted maybe four minutes until I couldnt take it any longer, but I did manage to find some clad in the debris. Yeah...I have it bad! :headbang:

View attachment 1687493

As I like to say "It all adds up " .

It sure is an addiction , good you got a bit of yr Aldi $ back.

Me I can not pass up a coin on the ground & even Aluminum Cans , brass or copper pieces. (OCD)

You Got "GOLD/ Treasure Fever". Like many of us , IMO.

southerngrwn

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Vintage Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's just to cold for me! We're already seeing heavy pollen down here but at least the ground isn't frozen!!!!

OP
OP
J

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok you are officially out of control the only thing that helps is more recovery

You’re right...I had recovery speed set to 2 instead of 3!:tongue3::laughing7::laughing7:

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You’re making us proud. I feel badly telling you I’m in Hawaii and the weather has been very nice. Actually hot. I saw a dog chasing a rabbit and they were both walking. That’s hot. Ha!

Kype

Mar 4, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tejon/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. That's dedication there.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to go to MDA meetings! "Hi my name is JoeVal and I'm addicted to metal detecting." lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

Snow bank/parking lot hunting can yield some nice finds...coins/bills and jewelry have been some of mine! :icon_thumleft:

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always check snow piles in paring lots as they start melting. I found a nice big 14k earring a number of years ago where a pile had melted.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was like that my 1st season, I was obsessed, "so much ground to detect and so little time" I was prying clad from gravel parking lots to feed the dragon. That clad adds up and I use mine to buy hobby related accessories and upgrades. It is my only hobby that as paid for itself.

Last edited:

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. The city snow removal crews dump at 2 sites within 2 blocks of my house. I do the same thing during days of warmer temps when the snow melts. You are not alone!!

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a gold ring in a melted snow pile. It had been run over a few times though 😕

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I have been using the "parking lot snow" method for years. My wife goes into the stores, and I start walking the edges by the piled snow as its melting back. I have been lucky enough to find rings and necklaces doing this. When it gets cold, people are in a hurry and start throwing their groceries in the car, losing loose change and jewelry along the way. Keep at it, its a good Winter pass time when we cant actually get out and dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread