Its been a rough start to the year

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
It's been a rough start to the year

I got an Explorer SE last year...there is definately a learning curve from the GTI 1500.

I took it out last year with a couple of Explorer users and found a Mercury Dime at about 8" on my first trip with it. Then I found a VF 1901 Indianhead Penny at 6" at a yard that I went over numerous times with the Garrett. I thought that I was on my way to fame and riches.

But I only got out about 5 times with it last summer. Now...its like starting over again.

I didnt start detecting this year until about roughly 10-12 days ago. Its been slim pickens. I've managed 12 wheat pennies, but no silver yet. The slump continues.

Granted, I think I may need to go dig some clad with it to learn the machine better. I pretty much just hunt old sites, so hunting clad it kind of boring for me.

Nothing else...just frustrated with the new machine. But don't worry. I ain't about to give up. If everyone else on TreasureNet can find a bunch of coins with their Explorer, then I should be able to as well.

Right?

Deerhunter24

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It's been a rough start to the year

If you are digging wheats, you are on the right track. Clad hunting may not help? I would keep hunting the old sites. If you get over that silver coin that Etrac will sniff it out! :)

OP
OP
Deerhunter24

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used

I was kind of thinking clad hunting wouldn't help either. Simply because it isn't hard to find coins at 1-3" deep. It tougher to get past the 6" depths. This machine will do it...I just need to learn the machine.

DH24

Irontask

Mar 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab/ Explorer ll/ Sovereign/ Tesoro Tiger Shark

Deerhunter,hang in there.Ive been out 4 times and 7 silver with the Explorer ll.Keep searching in those old worked out sites.Ron from MI

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ull get there just gotta keep at it! practice practice practice lol best of luck and HH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250

you are well on your way the silver will come HH :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Deerhunter24

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used

I found a good amount of silver with my GTI 1500. I just need to break in the new detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread