Its been a spectacular week!

Tn Dirt Digger

Sep 21, 2008
Pulaski Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nautilus IIba/10" Coil, Whites MXT, M6, 950 Stock Coil, Super12, 6X10 DD, 10X12 SEF Butterfly
It's been a spectacular week!

Momma and I have been hunting hard for about ten days now. First time area has been disked for 20 years. Found a load of broken pieces and several good pieces. In the last pic is my whatizit...A little larger than a golfball...Has a stone texture, but is real light. Has a single row of indentions all the way around...any help identifing would be appreciated....Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• 100_3837.jpg
    100_3837.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC05340 May 2, 2009.JPG
    DSC05340 May 2, 2009.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_3308.JPG
    IMG_3308.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 100_3828.jpg
    100_3828.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 396
  • 100_3827.jpg
    100_3827.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 100_3832.jpg
    100_3832.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 394
  • 100_3847.jpg
    100_3847.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Re: It's been a spectacular week!

Tn Dirt,

That is one heck of a haul for just over a week of hunting. Man oh man, you two have one super spot for relic hunting!!

Congrats on your nice finds.

Good luck on your next hunt!!

Twig.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

I'll say it has. Nice finds. :thumbsup:

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->

Holy wheelbarrows o' rtfacts. That's some kind of haul you got there, lot's of quality point, and drills in there too. The rounded white piece looks like quartz, but that would be heavy, that piece could be a modern manufactured look alike imo. congrats on a great day of hunting.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a great haul from Pulaski. Beautiful area I deer hunt up that way sometimes. Can see the 3 ringer as well. I like the plaques in the town square too. Great haul I would have a metal detector in one hand and a flippin stick in the other. Keep us posted.
TnMountains

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax

Pretty amazing!
That ball looks ceramic to me... not sure what it could be, though.

M

mickey

dirt digger, the white ball may have been used as a pulverizing ball used in modern machinery. i have seen them before. supposedly, industries put a bunch of these round balls in some sort of drum, and they act as polishers/pulverizers. just my opinion.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008

Nice haul, I'm jealous.
If I find 2 unbroken arrowheads in a year, it's a good year!

Are those marks on the white ball numbers? I think I see a 6 or 9 in three spots.

mickey said:
dirt digger, the white ball may have been used as a pulverizing ball used in modern machinery. i have seen them before. supposedly, industries put a bunch of these round balls in some sort of drum, and they act as polishers/pulverizers. just my opinion.

The drum is called a ball mill but I don't think they use ceramic, I could be wrong.
Seems to me that ceramic or something similar would fracture but again,
I could be wrong.

The ones I worked around used iron balls to crush material for making powdered cement.

http://66.113.204.26/mining/ballmill.htm

OP
OP
Tn Dirt Digger

Tn Dirt Digger

Sep 21, 2008
Pulaski Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nautilus IIba/10" Coil, Whites MXT, M6, 950 Stock Coil, Super12, 6X10 DD, 10X12 SEF Butterfly

pronghorn said:
Nice haul, I'm jealous.
If I find 2 unbroken arrowheads in a year, it's a good year!

Are those marks on the white ball numbers? I think I see a 6 or 9 in three spots.

mickey said:

The drum is called a ball mill but I don't think they use ceramic, I could be wrong.
Seems to me that ceramic or something similar would fracture but again,
I could be wrong.

The ones I worked around used iron balls to crush material for making powdered cement.

http://66.113.204.26/mining/ballmill.htm
I think you guys are on the right track....and I appreciate all the responses....thanks for helping me out!

George

ShowmeMoflint

Dec 27, 2008
L.C.M.O.
Detector(s) used
eyeballs and walking stick

Man o Man I used to have that kind of spunk.I would say that ball is what is called a game ball or pulverizer.Pray for some rain you have a killer site on your hands.I don't I have ever saw a post of this magnitude thanks for the post

kypackrat

Greenie
May 6, 2009
Western Kentucky

What is.............an Indian ping-pong ball............naaaaaaaaaaa

Maybe a clay or ceramic game piece (marble) that was pre-formed then fired for quite awhile to harden it. I have a friend who has several small perfectly round balls that are similar to yours and he calls them Indian marbles..

That is what I would call the mother load wow, I definitely would pay that farmer to plow.

Thanks Marv

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread