Its been a year already

Well, its been a year already since I found this stuff, but I'm still near gloating over it. Gotta say many thanks to "Neanderthal" for his advice on using rubber bands and waiting a couple of weeks to dry before trying to clean it out. Turns out its what is called an "Avery Conical Bowl". Here are pics from the day I found it, and from after I got it cleaned out. Hope yall like the pics alright.

Attachments

• Fresh found pot.jpg
    Fresh found pot.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 312
  • Red Pot 1.jpg
    Red Pot 1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 311
  • Fresh found pot.jpg
    Fresh found pot.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 312
  • Red Pot 1.jpg
    Red Pot 1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

I like it. Did you post this before? If so, I missed it, or just didn't remember it. Can you give more details on the find/dig?

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a beauty. Been a while since I found one...d2

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a day to remember, you sure had a good days dig shawn, ( A year already? wow) Sure is a nice pot. Yeah Matts gave you good advice , it would have prolly fell apart & no doubt I would have been left to glue it all back together for ya. ::)

Thanks for sharin, pots in that condition that don't come very often..Congrats, you deserve it.. I like caddoan pottery.

Molly. :wink:

OP
OP
Jonnyreb

Jonnyreb

Cache Crazy said:
I like it. Did you post this before? If so, I missed it, or just didn't remember it. Can you give more details on the find/dig?
Well, I had been digging a pretty good hole down to the clay and had only found the two gary points and the lil adze bottem right first pic. Got down to the clay and was getting ready to fill in again but stuck my probe into the side of the hole and hit what I thought was stone, so, I began to scratch away and saw it was pottery....and this is what it was prolly about three feet or so down. The drill, which is four inches long, I found just after I got the pot set out of the ground at only a foot down. Overall, a "skunk day" turned out to be a big day for me.
Thanks for the comments guys.

S

seger98

That is a beautiful piece, you did a wonderful job of cleaning it up. Congratulations on the find & recovery!

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread