Its Been Awhile......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Been Awhile......

Since I posted any finds. I've been taking a break from TN to relax more and to catch my breath so to speak. I hope ya'll are all doing okay and the silver is rolling in for ya. I have been thinking of you guys.

I have still been CRH'ing although not as much. I will probably get back at it heavier in November. I am still finding a few here & there. I have been finding some 40% (about 2 rolls total) that are AU with beautiful mint luster.

Today was my most active day of CRH'ing in the last month or so. I checked four boxes of halves and a box of dimes. My last stop was to pick up the box of dimes and the sweet young teller told me she had been holding two silver quarters for me. That was very thoughtful of her.....she said she did that out of the kindness of her heart.......can't beat a teller like that!!! The treats do pay off I guess....lol.

Today's totals came mostly from two of the boxes with about a half dozen or so from the other two. The box of dimes yielded a lone Merc.

8-64's
5-65's
3-66's
13-67's
6-68's
6-69's
1-Merc 39-D
2-Quarters 62-D & a 64

43 Keepers

For those of you who sent messages inquiring about me....thanks again for checking in on me. All is well on this end. Good luck to all for the rest of the year!!

Attachments

• P9110045.jpg
    P9110045.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0
Re: It's Been Awhile......

You still got it. Welcome back. :) aa

It's good to see your posts again. I'm glad all is well, and look forward to see what November brings for CRH.

Pat Pall

Just figured you didn't want to make us jealous hearin about the solid silver boxes ya been gettin lately. Still pluggin away here though slowed down some. My CU branches aren't orderin my boxes except my fave one still gets me 2 a week. I found where my rejects are going- last couple FED boxes were slim and had some of my marks (I only marked one box ever), I dumped alot of coin there- hope I don't have to wade through all of it again. Got a line on some good boxes been in a vault a few years, gonna sample $1000 Thursday then clean it out ASAP. Will open an acct and see ifn I can sweettalk ME way into another couple boxes a week supply house. Been on a few roadtrips but is hard when I'm sposed to be working and I'm 60 miles away trying to scrounge half dollars LOL.
Glad you popped in and posted a pic for us to drool over. I gotta find me one of them quarters haha or a very nice teller. Take care and HH, Mark

Good to hear form you LJ. Looks like you still have that touch. I've been doing pretty good myself. I've caught a few dreamrolls and some almost dream boxes. Good luck and don't be a stranger.

Good to hear from you glad all is well, and your still pulling silver. It is nice to take a break from you hobbys from time to time, otherwise your hobby starts to feel like a job. Take care.

RD

WELCOME BACK (to TN)! ;D

I would have been worried, but I saw you were updating the total oz recovered list. Just figured you were tired of our stimulating discourse. ;)

You carried the conversation over the lull in the summer, so everybody deserves a break.

HH.

Hey LJ!
Glad to see you back, gal!
Looks like your totals are getting astronomical - 10K coming up fast!

Good to see you back. And I can't belive I still have you beat on war nickles. Either your not looking for them or somehow there not floating around your area like they are here. I think I'm getting near a half a roll of them. I would like to search for them more but I only have one dump bank and its not self serve. The girls start making faces if I dump more than 520-550. So I only sneak in 10-20 in nickles with each box worth of halfs.

Thanks all for the kind words. I'll be back soon. Good luck to all of you!! May the silver gods be with you!

Riverdog said:
Good to hear from you glad all is well, and your still pulling silver. It is nice to take a break from you hobbys from time to time, otherwise your hobby starts to feel like a job. Take care.

RD

You hit the nail on the head RD. I was treating it like a 2nd job.....a full time 2nd job. After many months....it just started wearing me down.

soldierman said:
Good to see you back. And I can't belive I still have you beat on war nickles. Either your not looking for them or somehow there not floating around your area like they are here. I think I'm getting near a half a roll of them. I would like to search for them more but I only have one dump bank and its not self serve. The girls start making faces if I dump more than 520-550. So I only sneak in 10-20 in nickles with each box worth of halfs.

I don't search nickels....I used to when I first started but concentrated on the halves and then dimes also. That is plenty enough for me.

That's pretty slick sneaking those nickels in...sweet!

GPURS said:
Good to hear from ya LJ! Missed your encouragement and optimism! Gpurs....

Thanks G.....in this hobby you have to try to stay positive & upbeat with the ups and downs or as Thurm says "rollercoaster" which is an excellent description of this hobby.

awhitster said:
Good to hear form you LJ. Looks like you still have that touch. I've been doing pretty good myself. I've caught a few dreamrolls and some almost dream boxes. Good luck and don't be a stranger.

Thanks AW. Gotta love those dream rolls. More solid Franklin's and Walkers? Keep plugging away.

BTW - I miss you and RB's friendly jabbing from time to time....ha!

patpall22 said:
It's good to see your posts again. I'm glad all is well, and look forward to see what November brings for CRH.

Pat Pall

Hey PP...where in the heck have you been? It is great to hear from you dude! Hope school is going your way. Stay in touch buddy.

TXTim said:
Hey LJ!
Glad to see you back, gal!
Looks like your totals are getting astronomical - 10K coming up fast!

Hey Tim. I don't think I will hit 10K this year. I would have to get REAL busy and that isn't going to happen this month. I'll start hitting them hard next month again and see what happens.

ME_CO said:
Just figured you didn't want to make us jealous hearin about the solid silver boxes ya been gettin lately. Still pluggin away here though slowed down some. My CU branches aren't orderin my boxes except my fave one still gets me 2 a week. I found where my rejects are going- last couple FED boxes were slim and had some of my marks (I only marked one box ever), I dumped alot of coin there- hope I don't have to wade through all of it again. Got a line on some good boxes been in a vault a few years, gonna sample $1000 Thursday then clean it out ASAP. Will open an acct and see ifn I can sweettalk ME way into another couple boxes a week supply house. Been on a few roadtrips but is hard when I'm sposed to be working and I'm 60 miles away trying to scrounge half dollars LOL.
Glad you popped in and posted a pic for us to drool over. I gotta find me one of them quarters haha or a very nice teller. Take care and HH, Mark

Thanks ME. Been making any bridges lately...ha! I still think your the champ!

Oh no.....the dreaded finding of your own marked coins..... :'( That made me sick to my stomach when it first happened to me. Keep plugging though......unless you dump them out of the distribution area you are getting your coins from you will see them again.

Sheldius said:
WELCOME BACK (to TN)! ;D

I would have been worried, but I saw you were updating the total oz recovered list. Just figured you were tired of our stimulating discourse. ;)

You carried the conversation over the lull in the summer, so everybody deserves a break.

HH.

Thanks Sheld. Your right about the break.....I am just rejuvenating....ha!

coincollector101 said:
Wb We Missed you Lj!!

Happy hunting,
CC

Thanks CC. When I come back full time it will be with a vengeance.....ha! ;)

aa battery said:
You still got it. Welcome back. :) aa

Thanks AA.....hope I never lose it....lol...but you know how the old saying goes..........................

We've missed you. Welcome back. :)

(I had to take a break, too, so I know what you mean.)

The Silver Queen Has Returned!

lejeuene said:
awhitster said:

Thanks AW. Gotta love those dream rolls. More solid Franklin's and Walkers? Keep plugging away.

BTW - I miss you and RB's friendly jabbing from time to time....ha!
Don't worry, me and Rosco still cut it up time to time. Since you were gone I had 3 dream rolls. 2 had 2-64's and the rest 40%ers, one had 13 Lady's and 7 Bens. Then I had a box with 23 40%ers, a new personal record. As you well know, I went through a lot of skunk rolls to find those. No biggee, that's part of the game.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_015.jpg
    ScreenHunter_015.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 271

I need to chime in here too. You had me wondering if you were ok LJ. Glad to see that you are. Yep sometimes too much of a good thing can feel like a job.

Happy Hunting

Good to know you're still out there LJ, and doing OK.

I took a break too, kinda got into it bad and got a little burnt out.

Will hit it harder next month myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back