Its been rough out there......

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last 3 trips out have netted me a big fat zero. OK, I wont say a complete zero but the stuff we are finding just isnt worth the time or the effort. Its beginning to look like we have cleaned out an entire stretch of river. Dredging season doesnt open for a while so we cant break out the heavy guns just yet.

So it looks like its off to try and locate another river that will produce. Right back to the day 1 learning curve........ugh.

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stick to your guns! Even the skunk can teach valuable lessons!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like it is time to go prospect and find a future spot just in case you big guns do not pay off either. But I am sure you already have a couple spots in mind.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
If it was easy all the time then EVERYONE would be doing it and Gold would be nothing more than a pretty version of Lead! It's not a common element which is what makes it worth so much. We're all taking part in the oldest game of "Hide and Seek" and it's Us Vs Mother Nature. She's been playing it for a very long time and is very good at the game. It's only through expanding our knowledge, a high degree of perseverance and thinking outside the box that we humans manage to win a round or two on occasion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions