Its been too long! - updated with results -

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
It's been too long! - updated with results -

Picked up 2 boxes of halves today, one each at 2 different branches of the same bank. I'd gotten skunked 2 weeks in a row from this bank, and was getting ready to give up on it. Looked through about $150 of the first box while on the way to the second bank - nothing, as usual. Got the second box, and as weather was getting worse, held off on any more searching till I got home. Wifey was fixing dinner as I walked in, so I brought both boxes inside and opened the second one to take a look. This is what I saw:

DSC04208.JPG

Anybody notice anything?

I thought the color of one of the coins looked a little different, so I took a closer look... :o

DSC04208-001.JPG

and lo and behold...

DSC04208-002.JPG
;D

My first ender in a looong while, and a '64 to boot! Somehow I had enough willpower to not tear it or the rest of the rolls open right then and there (wife threatening to scalp me if I interfered with dinner helped some...), so I took a couple pics and put it aside. I'll go through the rest of box 1 first, and will get to the ender box later tonight - will update later.

Say what you will about Cards-n-Coins, he is the one who got me to increase my weekly volume. I owe him - and many of you - a lot!

Many thanks! :icon_salut:

FT

Upvote 0

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: It's been too long!

thats one ender to get! nice work man love the pictures

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other

that's a nice sight for sure!

I actually had a '64 RE in one of my half boxes today also - which was sure a nice sight for me too. :)

Good luck with the box.

H$H

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ALWAYS a welcome sight even if its the sole silver in the box!

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I got a Ben reverse ender today too! a 90% like yours. I am going to keep that roll until I feel like crap at work and need a mini AG mood booster.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GEOFF said:
I got a Ben reverse ender today too! a 90% like yours. I am going to keep that roll until I feel like crap at work and need a mini AG mood booster.

Hey thats a good idea! Ill have to do that with my next roll.

OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Re: It's been too long! - updated with results -

Finished.

First box, skunk - no big surprise.

The second box was pretty fun. A total of 3 enders; the one in the picture above, a '64 reverse ender, and a '81 frosted proof in rough condition. Also found clad half with a sticker on one side saying "Turn this coin into $50 find out how at myprospera.com/coin". A Wisconsin credit union that apparently no longer offers the $50...

Ended up with a total of 6 '64 Kennedy's. No 40%'ers whatsoever, which struck me as quite odd. No matter, this broke a 3 box skunk streak, and really I can't complain about 6 90%'ers in 4 boxes.

Thanks for the comments, and HH!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other

that's a good box - and certainly great that all 6 of the keepers were 90%. I got 2 half boxes today also - the first box had 2 x '64's (one a RE) and 5 x 40% and the second box was unfortunately a skunk. Not the loaded boxes I was hoping for after the really good boxes I got from this same bank last week but I did find some silver so I can't complain either. Just got to keep on searchin' and hope for the best. :)

H$H

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

6 90%er's is a good score for a box. Congratulations.

HH Dave

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010

Congrats on the finds!!!!!

6 90%'s is a pretty nice box for our area. I'd be more than happy...most weeks I would be elated with a score like that.

Nice job, and congrats!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread